CTX 700 Forum banner
201 - 220 of 259 Posts

·
Premium Member
39 Posts
I bought JFC's brackets and cut a square out of the middle,welded 3/4" square tubing to the bottom and on both sides to make it wide enough for the hardware and bought a kit with all the hardware to make JFC's brackets into a bracket that I mounted removable Shad sidecases to. I bought a piece of plexiglass from Lowes and transferred the mounting dimensions from the bags to JFC brackets,drilled the holes,bolted the brackets on and I have removable side cases!

·
Registered
43 Posts
I bought JFC's brackets and cut a square out of the middle,welded 3/4" square tubing to the bottom and on both sides to make it wide enough for the hardware and bought a kit with all the hardware to make JFC's brackets into a bracket that I mounted removable Shad sidecases to. I bought a piece of plexiglass from Lowes and transferred the mounting dimensions from the bags to JFC brackets,drilled the holes,bolted the brackets on and I have removable side cases!
Did you post pics yet???
I gotta see it to get it 😀

·
Premium Member
39 Posts

The fastener kit I bought from Twisted Throttle for $29.95,and bought monokey removable Kappa K21 side cases from I think E bay

·
Premium Member
11,745 Posts
Discussion Starter · #209 ·
@Ponydrvr
@jfc77320

Did either of you receive my PM about your brackets?
Sorry. I did but caught up having to deal with something else and let it slip my mind. The brackets I sell are too small by about 2 inches in width and 2 inches in length to add the Givi mounting kit. You would need to make some major modifications to the brackets to fit. My advice is to mount the mounting plate I have listed in the thread. Its easy to mount and adds very little to the overall width. Givi didn't see fit to design brackets for the CTX and I'm not all that partial to redesigning my brackets to fit their products when there are other manufacturers making good quality products on the market.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Has anyone tried the red Mutazu cases, and does the red match the 2014 CTX color? If not, what color have people chosen to go with it?

·
Premium Member
11,745 Posts
Discussion Starter · #211 ·
Has anyone tried the red Mutazu cases, and does the red match the 2014 CTX color? If not, what color have people chosen to go with it?
Yes. There are plenty of pictures of the red Mutazu bags mounted on the 2014 Red CTX here on the forum. Although not perfect, its a very close match. You can only tell the slight difference in certain lighting conditions.

·
Premium Member
73 Posts
Bracket modification

@jfc77320, I have yet another question about your brackets. I'm still trying to find a solution for mounting my Wingrack, which requires that whatever it mounts to be able to "square up" with the Wingrack.

It looks like your brackets sweep back towards the tail of the bike. Would you be able to modify the bracket mounting holes so that they would be parallel when mounted to the bike? I'm struggling to find an affordable mounting option, and your brackets are almost perfect.

·
Premium Member
11,745 Posts
Discussion Starter · #215 ·
@jfc77320, I have yet another question about your brackets. I'm still trying to find a solution for mounting my Wingrack, which requires that whatever it mounts to be able to "square up" with the Wingrack.

It looks like your brackets sweep back towards the tail of the bike. Would you be able to modify the bracket mounting holes so that they would be parallel when mounted to the bike? I'm struggling to find an affordable mounting option, and your brackets are almost perfect.
No. Sorry. They are what they are. The brackets are cut using a programmed plasma cutting machine. I've tried in the past to alter the bracket design for individual customization but it requires too much time altering the program and machine time to justify the expense.

The Givi Wingrack is either no longer produced or a limited production item. You rarely ever see them offered for sale except used.

·
Premium Member
11,745 Posts
Discussion Starter · #216 ·
Well, it was inevitable. The price of steel has gone up and my fabricator has increased his prices to make up the difference. Thankfully its currently only $10.00 per set making the total $140.00 per set.

·
Premium Member
73 Posts
After exhausting my local options, I've determined that the WingRack is not a financially feasible solution.
@jfc77320, a few pages back you said that your brackets are compatible with the Givi FZ1133. Did you mean that the brackets can be mounted along with the FZ1133 mounting hardware, or that the rack can mount to your brackets instead of the Givi brackets?

·
Premium Member
11,745 Posts
Discussion Starter · #219 ·
After exhausting my local options, I've determined that the WingRack is not a financially feasible solution.

@jfc77320, a few pages back you said that your brackets are compatible with the Givi FZ1133. Did you mean that the brackets can be mounted along with the FZ1133 mounting hardware, or that the rack can mount to your brackets instead of the Givi brackets?
The rack can be mounted along with my brackets.

·
Premium Member
73 Posts
Sweet, in that case I'd like to go ahead and order a set from you. How does payment work, and what kind of timeframe am I looking at for getting my hands on them?

201 - 220 of 259 Posts