CTX 700 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 241 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,745 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have redesigned the original brackets I had fabricated to mount Bestem 2012 boxes as saddlebags. These brackets can be adapted to mount just about any aftermarket permanently mounted hard or leather saddlebag. These brackets can also be adapted to mount detachable saddlebags/rear boxes by bolting the original mounting plates to the brackets as I did. Mushrooms and locking catch can also be installed to fit certain other systems as well. The purchaser will need to drill the saddlebag mounting holes to fit the particular bags or mounting system they choose.

These brackets are designed to bolt directly to the CTX700 (fairing model) using the existing hardware. The N model will require the inner supports, spacers, bolts and exterior grommets. Although it is not necessary, I do recommend purchasing the backrest brackets and carrier since it comes with the necessary hardware except the inner supports for the N version and it provides a much more stable base.

If any Forum members are interested, I am now selling them. The cost is $130.00 including shipping within the continental US and a small handling fee. I can only accept a check or money order. These brackets are custom fabricated by a local fabrication shop so expect 7 - 10 days for production and shipping. Feel free to send me a PM if you have any questions or would like to order a pair.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
11,745 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Unfortunately there's very little if anything in it for me. I'm just doing it for forum members who would like to add other bags or boxes instead of the OEM. Nothing else out there and the CTX requires a specific one up mount custom designed to fit. Making one or two at a time isn't very business savy but it helps the local shop and it gives our members an alternative for the moment.

·
Premium Member
123 Posts
I have redesigned the original brackets I had fabricated to mount Bestem 2012 boxes as saddlebags. These brackets can be adapted to mount just about any aftermarket permanently mounted hard or leather saddlebag. These brackets can also be adapted to mount detachable saddlebags/rear boxes by bolting the original mounting plates to the brackets as I did. Mushrooms and locking catch can also be installed to fit certain other systems as well.

These brackets are designed to bolt directly to the CTX700 (fairing model) using the existing hardware. The N model will require the inner supports, spacers, bolts and exterior grommets.

If any Forum members are interested, I an now selling them. The cost is $115.00 including shipping within the continental US and a small handling fee. These brackets are custom fabricated by a local fabrication shop so expect a week or so for production and shipping. Feel free to send me a PM if you have any questions or would like to order a pair.
Great job on the bags! Your bike has real touring capacity now. BTW, I like your windscreen, Is it a Cee Bee and what size please?

·
Premium Member
11,745 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Great job on the bags! Your bike has real touring capacity now. BTW, I like your windscreen, Is it a Cee Bee and what size please?
Yes. Its a CeeBailey 22" with vent. Highly recommend it! CeeBailey was the very first company to offer an aftermarket shield for the CTX700. It was a hit from day one and still the best shield for the faired CTX in my opinion.

·
Registered
329 Posts
:)Hey JFC- take a look at my rear torpedo launchers and see if you think they could remain with your saddlebag mounts- I want to buy a pair if they will. The options with your saddlebag brackets are LIMITLESS!!!

·
Premium Member
11,745 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
:)Hey JFC- take a look at my rear torpedo launchers and see if you think they could remain with your saddlebag mounts- I want to buy a pair if they will. The options with your saddlebag brackets are LIMITLESS!!!
I don't see why not. If you had the handholds there would be a problem. My brackets bolt on top of the OEM backrest brackets. They lay flat tilting downward at the same angle of the backrest brackets. It would also depend on how high you mount the bags and what type of bag you use. I believe the Bestems and Bestem mount would work out just fine but another brand might not. There's a lot of pics of my bike on the forum that should give you a fairly good idea of what your spacing would be.

·
Registered
329 Posts
I don't see why not. If you had the handholds there would be a problem. My brackets bolt on top of the OEM backrest brackets. They lay flat tilting downward at the same angle of the backrest brackets. It would also depend on how high you mount the bags and what type of bag you use. I believe the Bestems and Bestem mount would work out just fine but another brand might not. There's a lot of pics of my bike on the forum that should give you a fairly good idea of what your spacing would be.
I was considering a wide variety of soft saddlebags that would fit great and I could Velcro them on for fastening. I don't think they would interfere with the auxiliary tubes.

·
Premium Member
11,745 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I was considering a wide variety of soft saddlebags that would fit great and I could Velcro them on for fastening. I don't think they would interfere with the auxiliary tubes.
I'm assuming your probably talking about some type of faux leather type bags or are we talking about nylon type bags. I would be a little worried about Velcro holding up over time. The soft leather style bags can usually be bolted on with a little modification if that's what your thinking.

·
Registered
21 Posts
JFC

Are you still making the brakets? Do I need to know what type of luggage I'll be using before I purchase your braket?:)

·
Premium Member
11,745 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
JFC

Are you still making the brakets? Do I need to know what type of luggage I'll be using before I purchase your braket?:)
I am still selling them to forum members who live in the US. The brackets are made by a local fabrication/welding shop who only deals locally. The cost is $115.00 including shipping within the continental US and a small handling fee.

The brackets can be used to bolt any permanent mounted saddlebags or they can be used to bolt up other keyed on-off saddlebag/rear box conversions that use their own mounting plate. They can also be modified to fit other systems fairly easily.

The brackets will bolt directly up to the CTX700 with grab handles in the same way as the OEM saddlebag brackets. The N version will require the inner supports and additional hardware. I generally recommend buying the rear backrest brackets and rear carrier as well since these come with the additional hardware and provide a much stronger, stable base.

If your interested, send me a PM.

·
Registered
79 Posts
So, it looks as though the mounts come essentially blank, and you drill the guide holes based on your need. Is that about the size of it?

I'm looking at ordering a CTX700 in the manual transmission very soon. Unfortunately according to my local dealer there are only about 6 or so unsold new 2014 models in the country right now.

·
Premium Member
11,745 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
So, it looks as though the mounts come essentially blank, and you drill the guide holes based on your need. Is that about the size of it?

I'm looking at ordering a CTX700 in the manual transmission very soon. Unfortunately according to my local dealer there are only about 6 or so unsold new 2014 models in the country right now.
Yes, that's right. The bike mounting holes are pre-drilled and mount up exactly the same as the OEM saddlebag brackets. The saddlebag holes will need to be drilled by the purchaser to fit the particular bags or mounting system preferred. This also allows you some leeway to custom fit the bags based on your personal preferences..

·
Registered
79 Posts
Yes, that's right. The bike mounting holes are pre-drilled and mount up exactly the same as the OEM saddlebag brackets. The saddlebag holes will need to be drilled by the purchaser to fit the particular bags or mounting system preferred. This also allows you some leeway to custom fit the bags based on your personal preferences..

Excellent. And at this price you can afford to drill those side plates a few times for different mounting, or even get another pair. You're still going to be doing far better than you would with the OEM or many aftermarket options. Well let me make sure I am going to be able to get one of those few remaining 700's before committing to a set of these. And it looks like getting the OEM top plate would be advisable, not only to provide a more stable mounting point for the side plates, but possibly to protect the finish on the fuselage around the passenger grips.

1 - 20 of 241 Posts