CTX 700 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all, new member who bought his CTX700ND two weeks ago. Took bike into shop yesterday (7/10) to have dealer install rear rack and backseat rest. Went into dealer to pick up bike this afternoon (7/11) and service told me they just received recall notice for bikes with ABS. I guess something is wrong with the ABS modulator, so hence, unable to pick up bike. Bummer.:(

·
Premium Member
795 Posts
I think I would have told them to give me my bike and be responsible for damages that could happen or manually turn abs off (unplug it) so you could have normal brakes or give me a loaner so I could still ride. Cant imagine it could stop the brakes from working if unplugged (fuse removed).

But that would be in a perfect world where the customer comes first satisfaction.
It would have been good to get a copy of the recall notice and post it here on the forum.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yea, wouldn't chance taking the bike and having them pay damages if something goes wrong and I'm dead! I have cars and scoots to get me around til it gets fixed. I didn't even think about getting a copy of the recall notice. I saw the notice and the part that it will replace. I'm just glad Honda is jumping on this right away unlike BMW who are taking their sweet time with recalling their new scoots which seem to have a stalling problem.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts