CTX 700 Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
It's only 13 bikes so far which isn't bad. Not something that would put me off from buying a CTX for a bit. Worst case scenario a few people here will have to wait a few weeks or a month to have their CTX fixed.

·
Premium Member
557 Posts
That was for Canadian release. Have not heard if there will be a US recall.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well it is bad news for me. My dealer hear in Houston was supposed to get one in last week. All he said was they blanked us. He had no knowledge of a recall.:confused:

·
Registered
975 Posts
That was for Canadian release. Have not heard if there will be a US recall.
I can't imagine why the ABS would be okay for the U.S. and not Canada; unless there is something different in the manufacture and that doesn't make much sense either.

·
Registered
13 Posts
My dealer in San Jose told me yesterday that Honda sent them a recall notification, not an official recall notice. He said the official notice should be out shortly. I have seen the new ABS modulator to be put on my bike. They said the bike should be ready by Thursday(7/18).

·
Premium Member
795 Posts
Sounds like they are trying to remedy the embarrassing part failure as quickly as they can. Lots of stuff in the pipeline going to dealers on this model right now. So as qballfc noted he as seen the new modulator so it isn't just a "will be in soon' sort of thing.

Lots of riders want the DCT and ABS. Many due to scooter experiences and also more expensive bikes offer ABS that has been proven to aid braking. It is great Honda has made these options available for the CTX series.

·
Premium Member
557 Posts
Canada has different standards for mandatory recall than the US. It is just as well that they catch it now before the fairing model really reaches these shores.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Good News!!! Dealer got it in, apparently after changes where made to the ABS. Possibly why it was delayed, since Houston is not in Canada. LOL

·
Registered
124 Posts
I see this as good news,

Honda identified a problem and is taking care of it, and you.

Much better for them to be up front, and take care of it then for you to find the problem in a panic situation, while you and a passenger are riding it on the freeway, a 1000 miles from home.

·
Premium Member
795 Posts
Reactions: Pete
1 - 14 of 14 Posts