CTX 700 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
950 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know where Rebel went? I seem to have missed him on here. I kind of liked the bantering back and forth, kept things interesting.

·
Super Moderator
3,185 Posts
Does anyone know where Rebel went? I seem to have missed him on here. I kind of liked the bantering back and forth, kept things interesting.
He hasn't even logged on for some 4 months now and he didn't answer when I PM'd him when joined as another Super Moderator this summer. I have no reason to believe that he had any particular unpleasant event causing his departure. Methinks he has just left us behind having lost interest after selling his CTX. After all that is not uncommon.

Moving on happened to our next most active poster, @Devilsfan (Dan), after he sold his CTX. I know Dan and have met with him for lunch since. He's just busy with his new rides. Even in my own case, after some 700 or so posts, I myself left the CX500 forums in favor of the CTX700 community once I sold my GL500i trike a couple of years ago.:cool:

·
Super Moderator
6,235 Posts
I still exist. The last comeback seamed pretty clear, most here don't want me around. People today are way too Politically Correct and just downright too sensitive, no value for me to contribute, I'm just talking to walls or babies. Reality and objection makes them flip, they only want confirmation bias here, so I have basically moved on... Then add the current germaphobic hysteria virus B.S., Why should I stay? Unconstitutional controlled speech is NOT for me!

As for the site itself, I have not received any notifications to check up on it for some time now, I just happened by today.

My actual Status: I have 9 rideable bikes and tour mostly every other weekend. I work on other peoples bikes upon request, I don't advertise. No, I no longer have the CTX for a long time now, but I do have an NC700(weakest powerplant of my stable, but I still love the note!), pretty much the same bike but the riding stance. Could I broaden my name and reputation? Very easily... I rather ride and maintain...Life's great with less stress and order!

I'm pretty close with Devilsfan/Dan by the way. As we are both considered out casts here and have long evolved from the CTX we no longer participate here, why should we with constant rejection?

If you want "real" unfeathered answers or opinions, hit me up privately.

4 months really, it sure didn't seam that long ago? Time flies... How has your riding skill changed in those 4 month's?

·
Registered
424 Posts
Rebel, I don't think you are right that nobody wants you to contribute. Also, I don't think there is any question that you are a good person who truly enjoys helping everyone enjoy this sport from maintenance to long rides. That is evidenced by the sheer volume of contributions you have made. But there is a substantial disconnect between your role here as a moderator and your approach to communication...it's the opposite of moderation. I think everyone here appreciates your contributions. Some don't like your approach. There is just no need to punch someone in the face when they disagree with you on whether the CTX has an alternator or not (an example). Sometimes it pays to be introspective and ask did I do something to contribute to XXX?

Anyhow, glad you are on the green side of the earth and hope you are doing well and staying healthy! It sounds like you are still having a ton of fun with the sport. I'm off the VFR right now (my favorite bike ever) as I tore my bicep tendon off the bone. Do you still have yours? I'm putting Traxxion Dynamic cartridges up front on it as soon as the bicep lets me.

·
Registered
3,654 Posts
First off...screw you guys...Trump 2020...Covid-19 is just another virus that we're getting through - and winning! - and my Honda CB650F is better!!! :p😂🤣😜🤪

And TIP...thanks for worrying about where I've been! No problem, even though you only asked about Rebel, deep down I know you were think of me also! :p

Yes, Rebel and I keep in touch and I can tell you...I want his life! That man will have a few 100-thousand miles on his bikes by the end of this year! Good for him as I have another 10 years to go before I can do that...unless I hit the Power Ball before then.

Like Bob said, when you get on a new bike one tends to go to that forum instead. It happens. And, yeah, it's hard to believe it's been 6 months since my last post!!! Man, this year is just crazy different. Between the lock downs and, now, school has started...it's like everything's been one big blur.

Anyway, I'm still riding albeit this never-ending Florida rain has put a damper on it. Should be a good week coming up so I plan to add a few miles. And Biketoberfest is this weekend so I may try to ride over to Daytona. School is going fine as I opted to be IN school. But a kid was tested positive 2 weeks ago so they sent a bunch of us home, forcing me to do this complete waste of time eLearning nonsense.

Other than that...nothing new. Thanks for caring! 🤓

·
Registered
950 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have been reading posts on a couple of Indian forums and I can tell you that they don't hold a candle to this forum. You guys and gals are like a bunch of friends to me. I have about a 1000 km on the scout now and am getting used to it. I had to change a few things to get comfortable, just the seat left but took it to the guy that did the C and he is confident that he can modify it to suit my butt. I will take it to him when the bike is off the road for winter. I continue to read the posts here and if anyone thinks Rebel and Devilsfan are crusty they are away more civil than what I see elseware. They have given me a lot of valuable information over the years which made it easy to maintain the C. Ask a question on the other sights and rarely get a civil answer. On here everyone pipes up and you get a lot of feedback, some good and some bad but it is the friendly way it is offered. I will continue on this site and again thank the membership for being like family.

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
Devilsfan. I was actually thinking about you and wondering where you were, back in late August and the Stanley cup play 0ffs were going on in 90 degree heat. Glad you are still riding and sticking you head in here periodically. By the way, since you were not in the non parade for the Cup winners, what are you riding these days?

·
Registered
3,654 Posts
Devilsfan. I was actually thinking about you and wondering where you were, back in late August and the Stanley cup play 0ffs were going on in 90 degree heat. Glad you are still riding and sticking you head in here periodically. By the way, since you were not in the non parade for the Cup winners, what are you riding these days?
I'm still on my 2018 Honda CB650F. Love this bike and I really don't think I'm ever going to get rid of it. Now, I may get another down the road but for right now my CB fits me like a glove!

·
Super Moderator
6,235 Posts
Rebel, I don't think you are right that nobody wants you to contribute. Also, I don't think there is any question that you are a good person who truly enjoys helping everyone enjoy this sport from maintenance to long rides. That is evidenced by the sheer volume of contributions you have made. But there is a substantial disconnect between your role here as a moderator and your approach to communication...it's the opposite of moderation. I think everyone here appreciates your contributions. Some don't like your approach. There is just no need to punch someone in the face when they disagree with you on whether the CTX has an alternator or not (an example). Sometimes it pays to be introspective and ask did I do something to contribute to XXX?

Anyhow, glad you are on the green side of the earth and hope you are doing well and staying healthy! It sounds like you are still having a ton of fun with the sport. I'm off the VFR right now (my favorite bike ever) as I tore my bicep tendon off the bone. Do you still have yours? I'm putting Traxxion Dynamic cartridges up front on it as soon as the bicep lets me.
I am right, many have clearly said it before. Approach is character deal with it. I will not change my laugh if you don't like it, why should I? I'm not the one with a problem, those with lack of acceptance and tolerance has the problem!

As a moderator, I have always been fair and VERY lenient. My word was never last unless you are playing outside of the rules or getting too far out of line, then I have to moderate. As for a topic, if you ever thought I was wrong you are welcome to debate me, and I will in return as well.

I don't do forums anymore, only here if you're lucky. Too many bikes, not enough time to even consider them.

The CTX doesn't have an alternator, it is clear as day! It has a multi-part charging system, not a solo alternator. I can't help those that lack basic comprehension. You can lead a horse to water, but you cannot make them drink. I will not soften the blows of reality or mistakes. In adulthood, it is your own responsibility to deal. Safe space mentality was developed by the weak, an excuse to stay weak.

I still have the VFR I only took one trip with it (break in). It was suppose to go on a 5k+ trip this year, but it got bumped by another bike. It is on stand by now ready for a trip(none assigned yet).

As Devil has said, I ride! This year so far I have been on 18 notable trips, with 8 different bikes and accumulated over 17k miles doing them. All are documented as well. That is just trips, not commuting or else. The other times I am working on mine and others bikes and have a 40hr job.

A few hours ago at Daytona Biketoberfest, mine is the black Ninja, another 500+ mile day:

Less talk, more action! Keep on riding...

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
What is the windscreen on the VFR? It looks like the same bags on a couple of bikes: do you switch between bikes, or buy them in bulk?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts