CTX 700 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, here's the issue I've noticed....When I hit my turn signals (either left or right), I see my flasher illumination (both left and right turn signals are flashing) come on. I can see that the front turn signal is flashing but the rear is not. My brake light is flashing in hazard mode. Any suggestions on what the problem is? I do see that both rear signals are faintly flashing but only one should be since I haven't pushed the hazard switch, just the turn signal!!

·
Registered
21 Posts
OK, here's the issue I've noticed....When I hit my turn signals (either left or right), I see my flasher illumination (both left and right turn signals are flashing) come on. I can see that the front turn signal is flashing but the rear is not. My brake light is flashing in hazard mode. Any suggestions on what the problem is? I do see that both rear signals are faintly flashing but only one should be since I haven't pushed the hazard switch, just the turn signal!!
could be a ground problem,what happens when you turn the 4 way flashers on ?jasperj

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I checked the flasher according to the shop manual. I think the flasher is the issue and I ordered a new one. The grounding seems OK. When I hit my hazards, the fronts and the tail light flashes but the rear turn signals were VERY faint. I'll see once the new flasher comes in. If that's not it, I can easily check all wiring since everything is exposed now. Thank goodness that they're calling for rain all of this week!!!

·
Registered
21 Posts
I checked the flasher according to the shop manual. I think the flasher is the issue and I ordered a new one. The grounding seems OK. When I hit my hazards, the fronts and the tail light flashes but the rear turn signals were VERY faint. I'll see once the new flasher comes in. If that's not it, I can easily check all wiring since everything is exposed now. Thank goodness that they're calling for rain all of this week!!!
GOOD LUCK,LET US KNOW HOW IT TURNS OUT.jasperj

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
OK, here's the update! 350Four was correct! Some sloppy repair work was performed.....BY ME! Last year, I installed one of those Back-Off tail light flashers for the bike. When it went in for PA inspection, I was notified that tail light flashers are ILLEGAL in Pennsylvania. I removed it and reconnected the original wires. When I did, it seems I didn't have a crimp installed enough for one of the wires. Go figure!!! All is well now and everything is working fine. If you mess with your tail light wiring, it may cause your rear turn signals to go out and your tail light to flash upon activation of your turn signals!!

·
Registered
21 Posts
OK, here's the update! 350Four was correct! Some sloppy repair work was performed.....BY ME! Last year, I installed one of those Back-Off tail light flashers for the bike. When it went in for PA inspection, I was notified that tail light flashers are ILLEGAL in Pennsylvania. I removed it and reconnected the original wires. When I did, it seems I didn't have a crimp installed enough for one of the wires. Go figure!!! All is well now and everything is working fine. If you mess with your tail light wiring, it may cause your rear turn signals to go out and your tail light to flash upon activation of your turn signals!!
Lesson learned ,glad you got it fixed ,jasperj

1 - 7 of 7 Posts