CTX 700 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to install a rear mount trunk on my CTX700D. Does anyone know of any company that is making a rear rack and trunk system for the CTX. Any suggestions? Thanks (P.S. my dealer told me he could not get the Honda rear rack--as of yet).

·
Premium Member
1,030 Posts
I want to install a rear mount trunk on my CTX700D. Does anyone know of any company that is making a rear rack and trunk system for the CTX. Any suggestions? Thanks (P.S. my dealer told me he could not get the Honda rear rack--as of yet).
The rear rack can be found on Ebay, it is available and your best option.

·
Banned
463 Posts
Out of curiousity I did contact Givi, asking about a top trunk and side bags.
I had used some previously and had been pleased.

Givi responded saying the bike was too new yet and any decision would come from the home office in Italy.
They did say they have had other requests and hopefully would get a decision in the near future.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I have the Givi on mine using the universal mounting kit. I bought the Honda carrier and attached the mounting kit to that. I had the Givi on my previous bike so just moved it to the Honda.

I've been meaning to post some pictures so I will do that tomorrow.

Suzanne

·
Registered
6 Posts
Adding Givi to CTX700

I have the Givi on mine using the universal mounting kit. I bought the Honda carrier and attached the mounting kit to that. I had the Givi on my previous bike so just moved it to the Honda.

I've been meaning to post some pictures so I will do that tomorrow.

Suzanne
Hi Suzanne,

Would love to see some pics of this install as I just got my bike yesterday and would like to add this storage. Also, which model Givi did you get? Were you able to find a color to match your bike?

Thanks,

JB

·
Registered
329 Posts

I mounted this with rack on my CTX700N, but I actually jury rigged a wooden mount for it. A little too trailer park, but it works.

·
Registered
329 Posts

Here's a rear view. It's the Mutazu black trunk with rack. I sanded and spray painted the rack several times to match (yes, I WAS raised in a trailer park!)

·
Registered
329 Posts
I am thinking of replacing hard box with this instead, because it's sufficient for my needs and doesn't rattle.

·
Registered
329 Posts
Yes it will hold one full face helmet and a laptop. You will have to get creative with mounting it to small CTX700 luggage rack. that's why I used wood. Secure box, though not as secure as a Givi.

I strongly considered the Honda saddlebags, but they approach $800 with mounts I think. They don't appear to hold very much, and they stick out a lot.

For $400 I could get the Givi 55L, add remote opener for $150, and the mount kit is $75. That's less cost but more storage. Not sure about security of mount tho. I may not need all that.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Hi Suzanne,

Would love to see some pics of this install as I just got my bike yesterday and would like to add this storage. Also, which model Givi did you get? Were you able to find a color to match your bike?

Thanks,

JB
I will take some pictures tomorrow.

[here are some pictures of the same trunk on my V* Givi Trunk on Bike - EarsFlappn's Photos] I then moved it to my next bike: New800 - EarsFlappn's Photos ]

It is the Givi E52 .. I call it the BAT [Big A$$ Trunk]. I've only seen Givi in black.

Suzanne

1 - 12 of 12 Posts