CTX 700 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wasn't sure where to post this. Trying to make chain lube and oil change a little easier. I came across this Donext Motorcycle Stand 850LB Sport Bike Rear Wheel Lift on AMZN. It has L-shaped rubber pads that fit under the swingarm. All the others I found had U-shaped pads that wouldn't work with the chain bracket being so close on the left side. Worked like a champ.

Attachments

·
Registered
917 Posts
Nice find!!

·
Registered
69 Posts
Is that the original muffler in the picture? Will the stand clear the original stock muffler or would the end piece need to be removed? Also, I've heard some lift stands are not real stable. Were you comfortable with it? For the price it looks tempting. Thanks for sharing.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Is that the original muffler in the picture? Will the stand clear the original stock muffler or would the end piece need to be removed? Also, I've heard some lift stands are not real stable. Were you comfortable with it? For the price it looks tempting. Thanks for sharing.
Good catch. I forgot to mention that I had to take the end piece off the muffler. And yes, that's the stock muffler.
The stand is very stable. I had the bike in a front wheel chock (from harborfreight) and changed the oil, lubed the chain, and tried to wrangle an engine guard on while up on the rear stand and she didn't budge.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Wasn't sure where to post this. Trying to make chain lube and oil change a little easier. I came across this Donext Motorcycle Stand 850LB Sport Bike Rear Wheel Lift on AMZN. It has L-shaped rubber pads that fit under the swingarm. All the others I found had U-shaped pads that wouldn't work with the chain bracket being so close on the left side. Worked like a champ.
Do you have to have a second person to hold the cycle up straight while you install the stand? jasperj

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Do you have to have a second person to hold the cycle up straight while you install the stand? jasperj
I had it already standing straight up in a front wheel chock.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I bought and returned this one last year. The pads are U-shaped which interfered with the bracket for the chain and sprocket. The AMZN one I referenced earlier has L-shaped pads, so the bike sits straighter on the stand. Plus, the AMZN one had free returns, so I figured if it didn't work perfectly, back she goes.

·
Registered
2017 Honda CTX700D
295 Posts
I bought and returned this one last year. The pads are U-shaped which interfered with the bracket for the chain and sprocket. The AMZN one I referenced earlier has L-shaped pads, so the bike sits straighter on the stand. Plus, the AMZN one had free returns, so I figured if it didn't work perfectly, back she goes.
I took a closer look at your pictures and I can see what you are talking about. Thanks for clarifying it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts