CTX 700 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anybody know anything about a rear fender eliminator kit? I would love to clean up my bike's back end but haven't found anything out there yet for my 700n

·
Premium Member
795 Posts
"yet"... that assumes one will show up. The CTX is real new for such an item to appear.

you could go to any web site that sells Honda parts (like hondapartsnation) and look at all the parts that make up the rear fender. That will give you some idea of what has to be removed and replaced to hold a license plate and keep the dirt off.

A lot of folks with other bikes simply made what they needed themselves. I did on my 1988 Hawk 650GT but it did not eliminate the fender, it only eliminated the ugly drop down license plate holder and tail light like the CTX has hanging down.

I personally think the rear fender is one of the better cosmetic areas of the bike.

Reactions: fjones

·
Banned
1,300 Posts
Just remember, if you eliminate the rear fender you will get more spray from wet roads and the back pressure of you moving through the air will probably pull that water onto your back.

Been there done that...

·
Super Moderator
6,250 Posts
Rebel13 The tail light is not integrated with the wheel well liner. There is always a way around everything.

2014 Honda CTX700N A TAILLIGHT | CyclePartsNation Honda Parts Nation

ischul, you may just need to custom fabricate something.
I never said it was. The outer fender and inner fender are.

This is the inner fender.

This is the outer fender trimmed as much as possible including the tag light deleted before there becomes a gap between the two.

Unless you can mold plastic or fiberglass well, you will never get it to look good within the factory lines. Also due to the two piece fenders, you will never see an aftermarket fender eliminator kit.

Sure, you can always craft and rig something up, but it won't look that good. Mine is short as you can go and still retain the factory looks and lines with factory signals. You can attach bolt tag lights to my set up if someone wanted lights. Or trim less if you want to keep the factory tag light.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts