CTX 700 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just purchased a 2018 CTX 700N DCT from the Honda dealer in Texas. 340 actual miles. Had it shipped up to CT and just started riding again. I am having a little trouble when coming to a stop and making a 90 degree turn. No clutch to slowly release. Turn the throttle and off it goes. Practice is what I need to do.
My question is, can I move the rear brake pedal down a notch or two? I am 6'2" and my foot rests on pedal at an upward angle which puts some pressure on pedal. At times, I am riding brake.
My bike is red and came with full front fairing w/ taller shield. I thought that would block most of the wind but it does not. Bike also came with two factory hard saddlebags which I removed for now.
I like this forum and hope to enjoy it more in the future.

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
you should be able to adjust it down a bit. The service manual is posted here in several places and can guide you in that adjustment.

Alternately, replacing the pegs with floorboards may be a better long term solution.

·
Premium Member
682 Posts
Definitely avoid riding your brake.
Not long ago, Kevin (MCRIDER/youtube) did a detailed segment about the DCT on the Gold Wing he purchased, including tips on slow speed handling. Highly recommended, imho.
You may also want to find a 2014 seat. Good luck (y)
Note; as Honda says; w/DCT, switch to neutral Before engine shut off.;)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts