CTX 700 Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
114 Posts
Dude, your bike looks great.
You really are ready for touring.
Where are you going?
Do you have a plan, or you gonna do that "Then Came Bronson" thing?

And what's the story on that seat?

·
Premium Member
114 Posts
Very astute, Athena. That looks to be a second rest spot. Makes sense. I have forward pegs on my Nomad just to change the leg position. But on the CTX,........very interesting...............

·
Premium Member
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hi everyone the seat is a Russell day long custom-made for me it has a much wider driver saddle which makes it much more comfortable than any of the other seats I’ve had Seth Lamm or Corbin or stock mid foot Peg mounts are off the passenger foot post using spline dog bones available from Kury expensive but provides an excellent midpoint to rest my feet and additional shock absorbing options using my legs over rough roads there is no interference with the kickstand as you put the kickstand down when the bike is straight up I’ve experienced no back weight issues as the center gravity of the engine is cantilevered forward so the bike is very balanced even at Highway plus speeds favorite Touring is in Western mass Vermont and New Hampshire 😃👍

·
Premium Member
619 Posts
Hi everyone the seat is a Russell day long custom-made for me it has a much wider driver saddle which makes it much more comfortable than any of the other seats I’ve had Seth Lamm or Corbin or stock mid foot Peg mounts are off the passenger foot post using spline dog bones available from Kury expensive but provides an excellent midpoint to rest my feet and additional shock absorbing options using my legs over rough roads there is no interference with the kickstand as you put the kickstand down when the bike is straight up I’ve experienced no back weight issues as the center gravity of the engine is cantilevered forward so the bike is very balanced even at Highway plus speeds favorite Touring is in Western mass Vermont and New Hampshire 😃👍
Question, Red Rider. The engineer in me is worried about putting the 230 pounds you mentioned cantilevered from the rear passenger peg via those Kury dog bones. I will admit it looks like those could be over-stressed, and about 400 lb-ft of rotational torque at the peg bracket. Do they flex at all? Very curious about this. Thanks for sharing the pic of your nice bike with us.

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
Question, Red Rider. The engineer in me is worried about putting the 230 pounds you mentioned cantilevered from the rear passenger peg via those Kury dog bones. I will admit it looks like those could be over-stressed. Do they flex at all? Very curious about this. Thanks for sharing the pic with us.
I was wondering how the managed to stay in alignment, What bolts are used and where is it attached. The closest thing I could find that might work if I knew how to attach it was this.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Question, Red Rider. The engineer in me is worried about putting the 230 pounds you mentioned cantilevered from the rear passenger peg via those Kury dog bones. I will admit it looks like those could be over-stressed, and about 400 lb-ft of rotational torque at the peg bracket. Do they flex at all? Very curious about this. Thanks for sharing the pic of your nice bike with us.
Thanks Professor the mid mounted pegs are for resting feet only and light pressure on legs over bumps they are not for standing on and they’re not designed to support full body pressure when utilize as such they work fine 😃

·
Premium Member
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I was wondering how the managed to stay in alignment, What bolts are used and where is it attached. The closest thing I could find that might work if I knew how to attach it was this.
[/QUOTE
I took off the passenger foot pegs which I do not use and use the kury spline adapters off those locations and then dog bone down to the kury mini footboard the spines in each of the dog bones give you many options for alignment and height making sure the mini board is not too low to the ground through trial and error I found a point that was perfect for me and the boards do not touch the road on lean in 😃

·
Premium Member
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Yes the deflection at the origination point creates approximately 1/2 inch at the miniboard so when you set the height for road clearance you have to take that into consideration again their for resting only not standing on 😃

·
Super Moderator
3,076 Posts
Click on the "Mid Footboards" link in my signature for less difficult and more affordable options for well placed mini-footboards you can actually stand up on when needed.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts