CTX 700 Forum banner

41 - 45 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
I was looking at this as well! It's available on Amazon as well and I understand, based off two Amazon reviews, there's an issue with the rear brake and/or clutch. However it seems you can adjust the lever so it does not interfere with the bottom of the bar. Did you run into this as well? I personally like the R-Gaza better than T-Rex because there's a bit more real estate on the bars to mount accessories to.

Here's the link to Amazon - Amazon.com: CTX700 / CTX700N 2014-2018 R-Gaza Engine Guards Crash Bars: Automotive

Sorry for the long wait. When I had good light I forgot, and now I went ahead and took some with bad light in my garage. Not sure what pics you might want - any angle or detail in particular, just ask. :cool:
View attachment 87106 View attachment 87107 View attachment 87108 View attachment 87109 View attachment 87110

·
Registered
2018 Honda CTX700 DCT, 2015 Zero SR [sold :’-( ]
222 Posts
I was looking at this as well! It's available on Amazon as well and I understand, based off two Amazon reviews, there's an issue with the rear brake and/or clutch. However it seems you can adjust the lever so it does not interfere with the bottom of the bar. Did you run into this as well? I personally like the R-Gaza better than T-Rex because there's a bit more real estate on the bars to mount accessories to.

Here's the link to Amazon - Amazon.com: CTX700 / CTX700N 2014-2018 R-Gaza Engine Guards Crash Bars: Automotive
Yeah, my rear brake hits the guard. I haven’t bothered to adjust it yet, because it’s just barely interfering. One thing I’ve found, that you should be aware of, is that the bars seem to be smaller than what a lot of other bars are. I say this from researching highway pegs, which almost all want to bolt to larger diameter bars. I haven’t looked at lights or anything else yet.

also, definitely buy from Amazon! I don’t think I even looked there for them. Waiting a whole month was a pain for me (I kinda like instant gratification).

·
Registered
719 Posts
Would you mind posting the diameter of the tubing?

·
Registered
2018 Honda CTX700 DCT, 2015 Zero SR [sold :’-( ]
222 Posts
Would you mind posting the diameter of the tubing?
1”

The ruler I have at work is weird and divides inches into tenths, and I don’t have calipers, so I’m eyeballing a round object against a straight ruler. It looked like the bar was just the tiniest bit over 1”, but I’m pretty sure for our purposes the bars are 1”.

41 - 45 of 45 Posts