CTX 700 Forum banner

21 - 39 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
925 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
tptam... That CB750 Four you have appears to be a '75 or '76 - but oh WOW, it is BEAUTIFUL!

That's what I would call a "forever keeper" (unlike my exwife - Joking here).

Thank you all again for your very kind comments, and I will find the "Off Topic" section here and post updates now and then.

Happy Holidays!

·
Registered
877 Posts
If Honda had equipped the CB1100 right from the start with (A) 6 gears, and (B) a larger tank, I probably would own one right now instead of my CTX700. I'm sorry to hear Honda has pulled the product from our shores just when it improved the specs.

Thanks for your write-up, Lennie.

·
Registered
925 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
If Honda had equipped the CB1100 right from the start with (A) 6 gears, and (B) a larger tank, I probably would own one right now instead of my CTX700. I'm sorry to hear Honda has pulled the product from our shores just when it improved the specs.

Thanks for your write-up, Lennie.

Merry Christmas dear WW...

·
Registered
925 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
2016 models...

Honda is building (two that I'm aware of) updated 2016 CB1100 models, jfc.

I phoned and talked with a Honda rep and was informed that, to his knowledge there would be no 2016's in the U.S.. And, there are no plans of Honda importing them in future periods.

I talked to three Honda retailers in my general area and their information mirrors this. Plus, the new 2016 catalog does not show the CB1100 models beyond 2014.

Had I felt Honda would import in 2016 I would have held off... but rather than take a chance and not getting a new one, I jumped.

The Rep also mentioned that his new quarter training illustrated very high sales of the CB1100 in Portugal, Belgium and Germany - so we know this model is hot.

I hope Father Honda changes his mind...

... Lennie

·
Premium Member
1,911 Posts
Jeff,

I am SO sorry to learn of your health challenges! I pray you get back to full strength dang SOON!

I'm glad you're still about, all of you guys are in my thoughts often.

I'd like to take a moment to wish all of you a wonderful Christmas!! ;)

Lennie,

Thanks, and things are ok now. I guess when you get to be 56 sometimes things start to break down. Too bad I didn't buy the extended warranty when I was born. lol. Tell us about your first long ride on your new bike. I saw your video again and really like the looks of your bike.

Now, the important question??? Will you still wave at us CTX700 riders if you see us 'out and about"?

Take care,

Jeff

·
Registered
925 Posts
Discussion Starter #27 (Edited)
I'd even be honored to ride WITH you, Jeff...

And 56 IS young my friend.

I hit 68 in two weeks... other than dings, dents and a few rust spots, I'm in pretty good shape. Like most, some days I feel 38, while on others I ache like 88, hahaha. (See ugly me below, lol)

I will post up some updates on the Off Topic side, Jeff.. .and Thanks very much for the kind comments.

Merry Xmas my friend.

... Lennie

Attachments

·
Premium Member
11,745 Posts
quietguy, according to my sources, the biggest reason the CB1100 was pulled from the US market was the high demand for it in the Euro market. It was out pacing production and US dealers flat out refused to order it . The 2013 and 2014 models were basically teasers to see if it would sell well in the US. Now that it has become an icon and the remaining models are selling like hot cakes, there has been some push back. We may still see it over here, just not in the time frame one would expect with new releases.

·
Registered
925 Posts
Discussion Starter #29 (Edited)
New info for me, jfc - thank you for the update on it. And the classifieds over on the CB1100 forum get worked over pretty good when a CB goes up for sale - they sell fast. Especially the Deluxe models. Mine is the "standard", which has the four into one exhaust system. Main differences between the two units are: The Deluxe has 1/2 gallon larger fuel tank and a four into two exhaust setup. No difference in performance noticed, but the Deluxe is 30 pounds heavier - most likely from the exhaust setup.

Beyond that, my knowledge is mostly from phone calls, talk, forums and Youtube. Up until yesterday morning, I hadn't sat on one or heard one run in person. Haven't yet ridden one - the foot peg/controls are midpoint and that will take some getting use to. I'm almost 6'2" with 34" inseam... so sitting on her yesterday was odd to say the least, with my long legs folded under me, lol.

But oh lord, the sound and smoothness of that motor is to die for...

... Lennie

·
Registered
29 Posts
new cb1100

Nice bike! Def a retro look to the letter. You'll be very happy with the power and handling, but I think u have to consider a replacement seat. I know Seth Laam has a few with pic's on his website. Just a thought. Enjoy your new ride. Phil

·
Registered
993 Posts
howdy, I mirror the nice thoughts on the cb models Honda has had out since the late 60's if I remember right. I had the cb350,450,500,550and750. those early 750's were scary wonderful. i'm pretty sure there was a cb400 too that I had. it was only made a couple years? memories are really cloudy now and I haven't taken the time to check them out on the internet to confirm.

anyway , all the best and remember they are much quieter with the rubber side down.

ken

·
Registered
273 Posts
tptam... That CB750 Four you have appears to be a '75 or '76 - but oh WOW, it is BEAUTIFUL!

That's what I would call a "forever keeper" (unlike my exwife - Joking here).

Thank you all again for your very kind comments, and I will find the "Off Topic" section here and post updates now and then.

Happy Holidays!
It's a 76 Lennie. It runs fine, goes like **** and is always the focus when it comes to tinkering. What surprised him the most is the attention it gets from the 20 somethings. You get used to the folks our age talking about it cause that's usually what we started out on, the old Hondas, but the young kids they go nuts over this thing.

·
Premium Member
787 Posts
I found two CB1100 in Maryland!

I posted this earlier. If interested the telephone number and address are both in the graphic! Ask for Billy or Dan:)!

Good Luck
Jimmy

Thank you, Ceeteex! And nothing's impossible, although it may be very hard to find a new one, there are used Deluxes come up here and there.

... Lennie

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,899 Posts
I posted this earlier. If interested the telephone number and address are both in the graphic! Ask for Billy or Dan:)!

Good Luck
Jimmy

This is why this is such a good forum to be on! :)

·
Premium Member
1,030 Posts
I appreciate it. The Deluxe model would be my wish but there are no more out there, dealers list them to generate phone calls.

·
Registered
891 Posts
I must have missed your post somehow! The Honda CB1100 is a great bike for sure. I had two CB750's many years ago and still think of the love we shared on the road together.

Visit here often just for the friends you've made and find out how things are going. I'm not the owner of a CTX myself, but since my better half rides one, and I was interested in knowing more about it at the time, I signed on to this forum. Now, I visit daily just to see what's going on. Very good people here!

Congratulations on the new bike!

·
Registered
925 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
Thank you, Thumper! I've watched a couple of your ride videos and found them to be excellent (Youtube). I admire your wife's riding spirit and sense of adventure...

I do plan on sticking with this great forum - and the membership is why... EVERYONE here are wonderful people!

So far, I love my new bike, but I miss my CTX as well... especially that DCT transmission - it was a perfect piece of the pie.

Thank you for your kind note!

... Lennie

21 - 39 of 39 Posts