CTX 700 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If/when I decide to buy a CTX I am about 100% sure I will go with the base/naked model. I have a couple of questions about this model.

First, I've seen this model has no grab bars on the rear. Can these be added, and doesn't the backrest attach where these grab bars are located? If so, would I have to locate and drill holes in the rear panel to attach one? Am I correct that you also need the luggage rack to attach the backrest?

Second, does the CTX have a centerstand? Appreciate any feedback.

·
Registered
111 Posts
I put rear grips on my naked bike. They fit just like on the fairing model. The seat back can also be added.

They do not come with a center stand, but there are several threads about possible alternative solutions.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I put rear grips on my naked bike. They fit just like on the fairing model. The seat back can also be added.

They do not come with a center stand, but there are several threads about possible alternative solutions.
Did you buy and install the handles yourself, or did you purchase through a dealership? Everything I see online is purchasable individually and expensive. Do you know if there is a less expensive kit?

·
Registered
498 Posts
Link to the hand rails please.... :)

Reactions: Halas
1 - 5 of 5 Posts