CTX 700 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not a common question to ask for a bike of this type for the CTX700 but does any body know what the expected times are on the quarter mile or even a rough guess. Thanks guys :)

·
Premium Member
42 Posts
We can pretty gauge the times of the Honda CTX700 from the sister bike the NC700 where it share the same build. Just slightly a different style but using the same frame and everything else including the engine.

The Honda NC700 quarter-mile time is 14.37 seconds with a speed of 90.77 mph. Comparable bikes negotiate the quarter-mile about two seconds faster while hitting speeds over 100 mph. These numbers just show what the CTX700 could be capable of but no where near a supersport though with the same displacement.

·
Registered
21 Posts
We can pretty gauge the times of the Honda CTX700 from the sister bike the NC700 where it share the same build. Just slightly a different style but using the same frame and everything else including the engine.

The Honda NC700 quarter-mile time is 14.37 seconds with a speed of 90.77 mph. Comparable bikes negotiate the quarter-mile about two seconds faster while hitting speeds over 100 mph. These numbers just show what the CTX700 could be capable of but no where near a supersport though with the same displacement.
That isn't bad is it? I wonder if the aerodynamics of both bikes would make a difference in quarter mile times eventhough they share the same things.

·
Registered
32 Posts
The Honda NC700 quarter-mile time is 14.37 seconds with a speed of 90.77 mph. Comparable bikes negotiate the quarter-mile about two seconds faster while hitting speeds over 100 mph.
So... this engine is not capable of passing 100mph. So it tops out at a 100mph? Interesting.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Wow really the so both the NC700 and CTX700 top out at 100MPH. Do motorcycles have a governor where it regulates and limits the top speed like motor vehicles do? Maybe that is whats stopping it, possibly fuel cut.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Wow really the so both the NC700 and CTX700 top out at 100MPH. Do motorcycles have a governor where it regulates and limits the top speed like motor vehicles do? Maybe that is whats stopping it, possibly fuel cut.

I doubt there would be a fuel cut system like cars. If you have ever stalled your bike and remember what happened just imagine it at that speed you will die.

Good to know what the times are but I don't plan on draggin the CTX700. I'll save that to the bravehearts on crotchrockets.

·
Registered
124 Posts
I show a 13.86 quarter for the NC700X

and a

0-60, in 4.9 sec.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I wouldn't say there is a real accurate time to work from really, there is just too many variables to consider when getting times like these. It depends on the rider the conditions during the time etc. But you can just guess around and average those times.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts