CTX 700 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My fear is that whenever there’s an emergency situation, the front brakes will have way too much stopping power than the back brakes.
i rely on my back brakes a lot especially when carving mountains. I didn’t want something too strong at the back, so I want to resort to organic. In the end, I may just end up buying both organic at the front and back.

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
Interesting idea, but you in fact do want the most braking power in the front. Generally what you want is "technique" of riding and learning how and when to apply either or both brakes. Yes, if ALREADY in a turn and you need extra braking you use rear and little to none front, but other times it's the front you rely on most. Does your bike have ABS? It helps tremendously for emergency braking. If you decide to do what you are describing let us know how it works out.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Interesting idea, but you in fact do want the most braking power in the front. Generally what you want is "technique" of riding and learning how and when to apply either or both brakes. Yes, if ALREADY in a turn and you need extra braking you use rear and little to none front, but other times it's the front you rely on most. Does your bike have ABS? It helps tremendously for emergency braking. If you decide to do what you are describing let us know how it works out.
Sorry to disappoint but I ended up just going with both organics EBC brake pads. And no I do not have ABS, though abs would be something I’d love to have to improve my confidence.
Kidding!

So I ended up installing the brake pads. Prior to this, I greased the backs of it with high temp grease. I should’ve disassembled the whole pistons to give it a clean but I felt a little nervous if I put air and would have to bleed them again. That was a SOB to do.

I’ve noticed that the front brakes are making a little very high pitch noise when braking. It made me think it was a cicada since I was testing it at night lol. Definitely not a bug. It happens at 30mph+ but the brakes are working just fine, I rode for maybe 20 miles iirc. Should I give it about a 100 miles or so to see if that squeak continues? Maybe I need to BRAKE them in :ROFLMAO:👏 no? Ok..

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
If you are sure you installed correctly, break them in first. At 30mph only sounds like its a "harmonics" noise and may be due to the type of pads you installed and the condition of the rotors. If it doesn't go away... you may want oem pads.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
If you are sure you installed correctly, break them in first. At 30mph only sounds like its a "harmonics" noise and may be due to the type of pads you installed and the condition of the rotors. If it doesn't go away... you may want oem pads.
Yeah I’m sure I did. The retainer is right, the pads fit with the retainers very well, I hope and am confident they were. But then again I’m not perfect and am kinda learning.
yeah I was reading up about the dastardly harmonics. It Sounds very different than a work out brake pad squeal.

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
ABS only kicks in around 15 to 30 mph. For some reason it seems to be variable on different bikes. It is not there if you are riding slow.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Here are what the front brakes look like. Retainer clips seem to match with the fitting of the brake and yet that cicada scream is present. Brand new Organic ebc brake

Wheel Bicycle Tire Automotive tire Bicycle frame

White Automotive tire Tire Tread Bicycle tire

Tire Automotive tire Motor vehicle Light Hood

Wheel Tire Automotive tire Light Tread

1 - 9 of 9 Posts