CTX 700 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My bike has faring and very short windscreen. I was looking at Puig windscreen as they list touring model for my bike ( I like the light smoke).. My question is will it just fit over the existing windscreen?

·
Premium Member
141 Posts
no, dude. You have to take the shorty off and mount the Puig correctly. It is not all that difficult but you will break a couple of clips. I put the Puig on both of mine, I used the clear.
I like it a lot. I am 6'3" so the Puig is tall enough.
ctx 2.jpeg
bike new 6.jpg

and here are the clips you will invariably break.

they sell 10 for 5 bucks. get them before you start the swap.
You'll break one or two.
Now, go for it. You can do it.
and you will like the results.

·
Registered
2015 Honda CTX700 DCT ABS
25 Posts
i can't see how the puig is adequate for you at 6'3"...im 5'10" and feel its insufficient. I really want a Cee Bailey tall shield, but i guess ill never find one....BTW, does the oil reservoir on right side handlebar hit your windshield when you move all the way left with forks??

·
Premium Member
141 Posts
I live in Houston. The Puig creates a wind flow that comes over the windsheild but hits my helmet just enough to give me a draft. I don't get buffeting. Just a draft that makes it more comfortable for me. It's not a complete wind blocker.
I would never want that. I actually like the Shorty that comes with the bike, but the way i have the bike set up the taller Puig works fine.
And, no, I really feel no interference with or from the oil reservoir.

·
Registered
43 Posts
My dealer had ordered the Puig Touring windscreen for me when I purchased my bike and installed it in less than 15 minutes while I was waiting to take the bike home. Not sure what they would charge now but it was the easiest route for me to go after watching videos of the installation.

·
Registered
7 Posts
My bike has faring and very short windscreen. I was looking at Puig windscreen as they list touring model for my bike ( I like the light smoke).. My question is will it just fit over the existing windscreen?
Hi folks...I recently put a Puig screen on my '16 model CTX 700. Although it's better than the Honda tall windscreen I had on there before, I still get a bit of of buffeting. But it's coming up from below. I get a real push of air flowing into my armpits and then on to my helmet.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts