CTX 700 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Looks nice. Much taller than the stream.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Nice, clean look. Please let us know how well it works at highway speeds. TIA

·
Registered
74 Posts
Nice look Dragonfly.
Was the install difficult? Can you easily remove it if you want to go back to a naked look from time to time?

I am looking for a windscreen that I can change out when needed..... I live in Central Florida so it would be handy to go back and forth.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thank you all. It is bigger than the Stream, the Touring II is 20". It was pretty easy to install, had to blend it some in order to attach it where I was wanting it. I had to buy 2- 1/2" longer bolts and I used a dremel and filed off about 2" of the bar that extends from windshield to the handlebars. I haven't got it over 50 mph yet but will let you know how it does once I do.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Can you look over the windshield or do you look through it? How tall are you? I had a tall screen on my Silverwing and I did not like looking through the screen. It had a curved lip at my eye level and it distorted my vision.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Hi All, I have now got the puig 11 and it is great . I mounted mine on the handlebars adjacent to the bar clamps but had to use 5mm longer clamp bolts, the cosmetic cover wont close over it properly so I secured it with a cable tie around the top side to close it and you cant see the gap on the bottom of it

·
Premium Member
185 Posts
had my 700 n up to 130 Km/hour and no problems just a gentle swirl
Any chance the puig II would work with the 700d fairing bike.

·
Premium Member
11,745 Posts
No. At least not as a direct bolt on. Given enough time, energy and mechanical ability you can make anything work.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Puig II

I am 5'7 and depending on if I sit straight up or sit slumped (relaxed) I can either look thru or over the windscreen. I have to choose one or the other, otherwise the top of the windscreen hits right in my eye sight line.

·
Premium Member
11,745 Posts
I am 5'7 and depending on if I sit straight up or sit slumped (relaxed) I can either look thru or over the windscreen. I have to choose one or the other, otherwise the top of the windscreen hits right in my eye sight line.
Wondering if the bracket could be altered to tilt the screen back about an inch. That would allow you to see over the screen and still allow air to be directed over you.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I installed the Puig on my 700N. I mounted it at an angle so I see over the top of it (6' tall). I just mounted the brackets higher on the handle bars. I have pics of it in my photo album. Works great.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I looked at the touring II on monster parts and they require an additional hardware kit for the ctx700n. Did you use this set up?

·
Registered
6 Posts
I really like this Puig Touring II Windscreen! Would you please tell me what is the model number, and where you purchased it? Thanks in advance!

1 - 20 of 38 Posts