CTX 700 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
That BM "i" system (I assume this to be the case) is totally different to everything else. So much so that it is due for a short life. Try googling Porsche or Ferrari paddle-shifts instead. Five years from now, you'll wonder what foot-changing was all about. I've had 3 hand-shifts (still got one) and they went out the window when positive-stop foot-change arrived. Pioneered by Velocette.

·
Premium Member
795 Posts
That BM "i" system (I assume this to be the case) is totally different to everything else. So much so that it is due for a short life. Try googling Porsche or Ferrari paddle-shifts instead. Five years from now, you'll wonder what foot-changing was all about. I've had 3 hand-shifts (still got one) and they went out the window when positive-stop foot-change arrived. Pioneered by Velocette.

Velocette, old name, old bike. I can tell you are attached. My first bike my dad gave at 14. 1941 Harley 74, ohv knucklehead with 4 speed stick you moved trough a gated slot frame along the left tank side. The clutch was foot operated but normally for that year they had a spring to hold it down once you were over center. That way you could be in gear and still be able to put your left foot on the ground. But my dad converted it to a suicide clutch which removed the spring holding device. It worked just like a car. If you came to a stop, you better slide the stick into N (not for Night) so you could put your left foot on the ground. If you did not do that and lost balance and had to put your left food down, you simply when forward and crashed into someone, or fell over as you lost your footing. I had fun with this old bike and rode it to high school my freshman year. I don't wish I still had it. Bikes are so much better now and I don't want a garage queen.

why don't you post a pic of it on the forum about other stuff . Like where I put the CB650.

·
Registered
71 Posts
why don't you post a pic of it on the forum about other stuff . Like where I put the CB650.
Hi Bill, I'd post a few photos but can't figure out how to go about it. I'm a workshop freak and not an I.T. geek. If you can give me a quick run-down, I'll see what I can manage. I saw the photo of your CB650 at the time, but can't seem to locate it again. Also, when I watch a video anyone posts, after viewing it, I seem to get thrown off the forum altogether and have to come back in. Perhaps I need the grandkids to give me lessons. I also looked for, but couldn't find your post about your break-in ride and felt I'd been over those roads in 2000 when I stayed with a CBX and Corvette friend 30 miles east of Sacramento. Could only find posts going back to mid June.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts