CTX 700 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone ever tried to paint/wrap the black plastics around the engine bay. I know they are textured so obviously rattle can is out. I am trying to give my CTX more of a "sport bike" style. So I was thinking that if I could "color match" some of the black areas it would give the appearance of spirt bike fairings that extend down the sides. Any thoughts? Am I just losing my mind and trying to find projects where there are none? Finger paints added for effect.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Has anyone ever tried to paint/wrap the black plastics around the engine bay. I know they are textured so obviously rattle can is out. I am trying to give my CTX more of a "sport bike" style. So I was thinking that if I could "color match" some of the black areas it would give the appearance of spirt bike fairings that extend down the sides. Any thoughts? Am I just losing my mind and trying to find projects where there are none? Finger paints added for effect. View attachment 87961 View attachment 87960
Good news, you might indeed be crazy, but this is not a symptom.

Or if it is, it is one that you and I share!

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
Those pieces can easily be sprayed with plasti-dip if you want to. Or you could do a high build primer and sand it smooth, then color match it. It all depends how far down the rabbit hole you want to go...

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Those pieces can easily be sprayed with plasti-dip if you want to. Or you could do a high build primer and sand it smooth, then color match it. It all depends how far down the rabbit hole you want to go...
Lol .. I want to go down the cheapest, easiest and shallowest rabbit whole possible.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts