CTX 700 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is anybody powering a heated vest while riding the CTX700 ?
I am a little worried about the drain on the battery.
Is there a way to monitor the battery while riding ?

·
Registered
84 Posts
I've been using a Warm N Safe jacket liner and an old pair of Harley-Davidson heated gloves. I'm using a dual Heat Troller to control the temperature. I've seen no signs of battery drain.

It makes me a bit nervous because it's not possible to bump start a DCT bike if the battery goes dead.

I hook everything up before I start the CTX, but I don't turn the knobs on the controller until I'm on the road. That way I'm confident the alternator can keep up. I turn the knobs off a quarter mile from the end of the ride.

I've been riding the Trophy in the really cold bits (below 20 degrees Fahrenheit) due to the better wind protection. The CTX with the Cee Bailey windshield has been very comfortable in the upper 20s this week.

·
Premium Member
795 Posts
I've been using a Warm N Safe jacket liner and an old pair of Harley-Davidson heated gloves. I'm using a dual Heat Troller to control the temperature. I've seen no signs of battery drain.

It makes me a bit nervous because it's not possible to bump start a DCT bike if the battery goes dead.

I hook everything up before I start the CTX, but I don't turn the knobs on the controller until I'm on the road. That way I'm confident the alternator can keep up. I turn the knobs off a quarter mile from the end of the ride.

I've been riding the Trophy in the really cold bits (below 20 degrees Fahrenheit) due to the better wind protection. The CTX with the Cee Bailey windshield has been very comfortable in the upper 20s this week.

I just got the firstgear 65 watt jacket liner and 11 watts each glove liners. I presently have only my new FZ-09 wired but ordered another battery hook up for the CTX.

I always start the bike, get everything on and sit on the bike. I then plug it in just before I leave. Reason is firstgear says the liner goes to 1 / 3 setting when plugged in. I let it warm up a minute or two, then use the dual control wireless controller to set it. Instructions say after plugged it I can turn the controller on then off if I wanted it off right away.

You may not be able to bump start it but you can easily jump start it with jumper cables.

The CTX alternator puts out .45kw at 5000 rpms I think that is 450 watts. Add up all the lights and see what is left.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts