CTX 700 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi
Have a question about the location of a 12 volt power port. I'm used to having one on the handlebar to plug in a Ram-mounted gps. Honda shows a 12-volt port in the little storage unit but from looking at the bike in the showroom, I don't see how to run my gps cord into it when the cover is closed. Am I missing something?

Thanks.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks

Good to know. Didn't see how I could get the cord in there and close the outer door all the way.

·
Banned
463 Posts
I found the same thing as kirstenparks.
The cable to the GPS will be able to be routed thru the top door without binding.
Just make sure you position it so it will readily slide without binding. Pinching it could cause a short.

·
Premium Member
1,030 Posts
For the cost of the Honda setup you can put a nice Powerlet outlet on the bars. That is what I would do.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I bought a nice power outlet from cycle gear. I installed it on the left side of the fairing below the speaker housing. I was very easy and functional and I still have the use of my storage compartment

·
Registered
89 Posts
I bought a nice power outlet from cycle gear. I installed it on the left side of the fairing below the speaker housing. I was very easy and functional and I still have the use of my storage compartment
Could you post pics and a write up?

·
Registered
19 Posts
I can't figure out how to attach a picture. Nor could find the pn. However it is waterproof and comes with a cover

1 - 12 of 12 Posts