CTX 700 Forum banner

381 - 400 of 422 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Could you please supply info on the source and which adapters etc. for those mid location foot boards? What a great idea. Thanks.

Ken

·
Registered
817 Posts
... and finallay: bought those 2". Installed in about 50 minutes thanks to your tips guys

Brought this thread back because I have a question about installing these risers.

(See post 293/page 30 of this thread for Marco's pictures of the risers installed.
These are the same risers.)

I have the same risers on the CTX I got from my brother.
My question is this...How do you tighten the bottom 2 bolts on the OEM handlebar mounts while installing the risers?
Where I want the risers adjusted leaves a problem.
There is not enough room to get an Allen wrench into where the bolt heads are to tighten them.
The bottom of the risers are too close to the tops of those bolts.

Here is a photo of mine.
The bottom of the risers are very close to the tops of the OEM bolt heads.

Doug

·
Registered
540 Posts
Brought this thread back because I have a question about installing these risers.

(See post 293/page 30 of this thread for Marco's pictures of the risers installed.

My question is this...How do you tighten the bottom 2 bolts on the OEM handlebar mounts while installing the risers?
There is not enough room to get an Allen wrench into where the bolt heads are to tighten them.

Here is a photo of mine.

Doug
From what I have read online from others with the same issue on other bikes is they would tighten the bottom bolts only as tight as possible to just allow you to move the bars back into position and then torque the front bolts. Also what you could do is cut the handle off an hex wrench just long enough to peek out of the head of the bolt to get a thin ignition wrench on it to tighten it.

Attachments

·
Registered
817 Posts

Here is a photo of mine.

Doug
From what I have read online from others with the same issue on other bikes is they would tighten the bottom bolts only as tight as possible to just allow you to move the bars back into position and then torque the front bolts. Also what you could do is cut the handle off an hex wrench just long enough to peek out of the head of the bolt to get a thin ignition wrench on it to tighten it.

My answer popped into my head and it seemed to work.
I ground down the head of the allen wrench to where there was enough to go into the bolt head and clear the bottom of the risers.
Seemed to work.

Doug

·
Registered
817 Posts
I don't know how the risers could be re designed for this issue to be corrected,but as is it is a PITA.
No one should have to make their own tool or do what I did to make it work.
ROX should also have better instructions included to deal with this issue.
That being said I believe the risers have solved many pain in the shoulder/arm issues for riders.

Doug

·
Registered
509 Posts
I don't know how the risers could be re designed for this issue to be corrected,but as is it is a PITA.
No one should have to make their own tool or do what I did to make it work.
ROX should also have better instructions included to deal with this issue.
That being said I believe the risers have solved many pain in the shoulder/arm issues for riders.

Doug
given that the risers are not bike specific, I don't see how Roxx could address every single application.
The instructions are generic, for the same reason.
And the use of the risers does help with a lot of issues.

·
Registered
817 Posts
given that the risers are not bike specific, I don't see how Roxx could address every single application.
The instructions are generic, for the same reason.
And the use of the risers does help with a lot of issues.

I have not ridden this CTX more than 40 miles.
They were on the bike when I got it.
I just adjusted them to where I thought I would like the bars once I do get to ride the CTX.
Heck,once I get to ride it 5 months from now I may not like them.
If that is the case they will come off and this will be a moot point.:D

Doug

·
Registered
28 Posts
Latest mod was adding audio to utilize my existing J&M headsets from the last bike. J&M Integratr IV off eBay brand new (they don’t make these anymore) mounted using a Ram stem mount. Doesn’t block the dash and easy to adjust the volume or flip between aux and FM radio. Using a Hopnel double pouch for a Goldwing glove box (great idea I found in this forum) for ether an iPod or my phone.

Attachments

·
Registered
22 Posts
The idea of that big dash and headlight assembly waving around at the front makes me think of one of those Chinese lion dance costumes...

Attachments

·
Registered
214 Posts
Hello and greetings from Finland! I bought this two month ago and have made some modifications. I am very impressed how easy this is to ride. The only con was the throttle action, it was impossible to start smoothly. Now it is fine after changing the throttle tube to so called throttle tamer.

Some mods I have done on following pictures. I installed Hepco & Becker center stand, but it was almost impossible to use, obviously due to very high sag values. So I welded a a piece of iron tube to it. At the same time I shortened to the side stand knob, because I hit two times my ankle to it. The driver sags is still around 45 mm and adjusting it is on my work list. I have not yet looked at the front sag, it might be too much too. Here you see my simple idea for the lifting handle. Maybe I replace it or it can be for ever. The grip part is usually stored to the glove compartment.

I obviously should adjust the rear suspension, it looks like the preload is fully open.

Attachments

·
Registered
179 Posts
Hello and greetings from Finland! I bought this two month ago and have made some modifications. I am very impressed how easy this is to ride. The only con was the throttle action, it was impossible to start smoothly. Now it is fine after changing the throttle tube to so called throttle tamer.

Some mods I have done on following pictures. I installed Hepco & Becker center stand, but it was almost impossible to use, obviously due to the very low static sag. So I welded a a piece of iron tube to it. At the same time I shortened to the side stand knob, because I hit two times my ankle to it. The driver sags is still around 45 mm and adjusting it is on my work list. I have not yet looked at the front sag, it might be too much too. Here you see my simple idea for the lifting handle. Maybe I replace it or it can be for ever. The grip part is usually stored to the glove compartment.

I obviously should adjust the rear suspension, it looks like the preload is fully open.

edit. All right, it looks like my picture from Microsoft's OneDrive are not available. What could I do?
Make sure your pics are no larger than 1024x800 and pull your pics into the the drag/drop module located just below the editing screen. Easy peasy! I suggest pics no larger than 1024x800 to save space. The measly 50mb of account storage goes fast with large size pics.

381 - 400 of 422 Posts