CTX 700 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

Super Moderator
Discussion Starter #1
I just tried a new specialty plastic cleaner called Plexus that I've had on the shelf for some time. The OEM only sells by the case, but Amazon will sell you a single can. That's a good thing because that single can will cost you just about $26.00 each (and worth every penny!), and if you are a Prime Member, shipping is free. Here's the link:

I've tried a number of products over the years, but this one delivers like no other. It is made in the USA (which is nice), so you aren't enriching the source of the Wuhan Virus and many other evils.

Try it, you'll like it! 馃槑

Registered
How did it do on your windscreen? I have Madstad windscreens and lowers.

Super Moderator
Discussion Starter #4
How did it do on your windscreen? I have Madstad windscreens and lowers.
Well, I've just removed my lowers (that I had painted already) when I installed the new engine bars since they were now in the way. But it is what it did with my MadStad windshield that so impressed me. I had gotten some oil sprayed on it, which is why I finally tried the Plexus in the first place. It stripped off the goo and restored the underlying clarity like I've never seen before. Highly recommended! 馃槑

Registered
We have a store in town that specializes is acrylic, lexan etc. They recommended a product called 848 plastic cleaner by Sprayway. Works wonders on visors, windshields etc.

Registered
Been using Plexus on windscreen & helmet for a couple years. Seems to work well but I don't have any comparison. I have purchased from CycleGear when on sale.

Registered
2014 CTX 700 DCT
Plexus works great. Another very good product was recommended to us by our pilot friends, used in aviation: "210 Plastic Cleaner and Polish" (Vulcan, it is available at the Brantford airport) and on Amazon.
We also found "Bug Slide" works fantastic too. Readily available online and at Iron Pony.

Registered
2014 CTX 700 DCT
210 is at Aircraft Spruce 27 York Rd. Brantford. Works better than Plexus, $16.50 (CA) for a 7oz can.
Part # 09-00518, in stock. 14 oz is 09-00517 $22..55 but currently out of stock

Registered
I just tried a new specialty plastic cleaner called Plexus that I've had on the shelf for some time. The OEM only sells by the case, but Amazon will sell you a single can. That's a good thing because that single can will cost you just about $26.00 each (and worth every penny!), and if you are a Prime Member, shipping is free. Here's the link:

I've tried a number of products over the years, but this one delivers like no other. It is made in the USA (which is nice), so you aren't enriching the source of the Wuhan Virus and many other evils.

Afriend who had a plexiglass canopy on his airplane recommended it. His canopy was 12 years old and not a sigle bug or scratch on it. The stuff is amazing! It's not cheap but it's worth it. Sure beats looking thru streaks and scratches. A clean, soft microfiber cloth is also necessary!

Super Moderator
Discussion Starter #12
A friend who had a plexiglass canopy on his airplane recommended it. His canopy was 12 years old and not a single bug or scratch on it. This stuff is amazing! It's not cheap but it's worth it. Sure beats looking thru streaks and scratches. A clean, soft microfiber cloth is also necessary!
Folks, I would like to make an observation. This thread is the kind that we should have everywhere (yes, even in the free-wheeling "Lounge"). And as I recall, we have had many like this in the past. It is much more pleasant than some of the political/covid-19 related ballbusting we have been subjected to in the past 9 months. Let's hope that 2021 will be a softer, kinder Forum we can all enjoy and learn useful things on, leaving politics to fester elsewhere (and it is after all, almost everywhere already!)
馃槑

Registered
Bought Plexus for my helmet shield also use it on my eyeglasses for the last two years. Good stuff

Premium Member
Sprayway glass cleaner less than $3.50 a spray can at home depot for the bike's tupperware
Zeiss Lens wipes a box of a hundred for less then $6.00 at Walmart for real glass NOT acrylic
Plexus Acylic cleaner for your windshield and helmet shield around $20.00 a can

Plexus was created for aircraft canopy that are acrylic like your windshield
Zeiss lens wipes for real glass like camera lenses, headlight lenses, your eyeglasses, we use them to clean $15-20,000.00 camera and high tech optics glass lenses
Sprayway glass cleaner will do just fine on the bike because you are not looking through the tupperware to see where you are going and it does no damage to the bike's tupperware fenders
covers and body parts...

Registered

THANKS BOB, I COULDN'T AGREE MORE. I HAVE BEEN USING PLEXUS FOR THE LAST SIX YEARS AND I LOVE IT. ...HAPPY NEW YEAR!

Premium Member
Been using Plexus on my motorcycle windshields, helmet face shields for years, very happy.
Indirect footnote; used occasionally on '17 Escape headlights. Top of headlights need polishing, maybe plastic quality issue?

Registered
Can anyone recommend what to use on the tank and fairing. I have a few scratches and swirls on there. Pretty sure when I bought it they used a nice wax on it that hid most of them quite well?

Registered
Can anyone recommend what to use on the tank and fairing. I have a few scratches and swirls on there. Pretty sure when I bought it they used a nice wax on it that hid most of them quite well?
Someone PLEASE answer this question. I have bunch of scratches on my tank too.

Registered
Plexus on the screen is great. On the plastics too.. But I've found pledge is the best on the bodywork AND it works well on the screen too.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts