CTX 700 Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I really don't know what they are thinking, but they do know how to gouge. A lot has been cancelled that makes Disney disney. No dining, just take out, no hotels, no parades just rides. So it is just a carnival with rides. Most of the walk in attractions are closed. But the gate price has gone up. And to top it off, no unapproved Disney masks. No N95, no gators no bandanas, no paper masks etc. (in fact most of the CDC approved masks) But you will most likely be required to buy the Disney approved mask at a ridiculous price. In other words no hospital masks, or any masks with any type of port. Perhaps they are hoping to have you leave the park faster by suffocating you. This is what has changed. Should You Cancel Your Disney Vacation in 2020?
And here is the new mask policy. Coronavirus face masks with valves, holes banned at Disney World

By the way, Disney is literally empty by any standards and from what I have heard, no longer fun, just a sad place, that tracks you electronically (using an arm band), and has become the authoritarian world of Disney.

·
Registered
940 Posts
I really don't know what they are thinking, but they do know how to gouge. A lot has been cancelled that makes Disney disney. No dining, just take out, no hotels, no parades just rides. So it is just a carnival with rides. Most of the walk in attractions are closed. But the gate price has gone up. And to top it off, no unapproved Disney masks. No N95, no gators no bandanas, no paper masks etc. (in fact most of the CDC approved masks) But you will most likely be required to buy the Disney approved mask at a ridiculous price. In other words no hospital masks, or any masks with any type of port. Perhaps they are hoping to have you leave the park faster by suffocating you. This is what has changed. Should You Cancel Your Disney Vacation in 2020?
I think you answered your own question to start off in your second sentence.

·
Registered
2016 Honda CTX700 DCT
383 Posts
That's why everyone in Florida is crowding the beaches. Just as well... it means fewer people crowding my Dad's neighborhood, and at 90, he doesn't need the crowds.

·
Registered
313 Posts
I love Disney. It's a ton of fun. I am not sure it is the right time for me visit but I would not discourage others if it is right for them. Dining is available but by reservation only. No parades or character meet and greets. Some of the theatre shows were cancelled. The limited attendance is by design as part of the plan to allow for social distancing. I disagree that they are gouging but I understand your position. It's their park, their prices, their rules, and their choice to open and your choice to patronize them or stay home. Everybody knows the risks and their requirements. What are they thinking? They are thinking about making money in a way they and patrons believe is safe enough. So far the contact tracing is not showing any outbreaks related to the reopening (but...we can question every piece of data...seems nothing is really reliable right now IMO).

The wife and I just got tested for Covid. If we have it, once we become symptom free, and get the green light, we'll be on our way to the happiest place on earth.

Top Ten Reasons to Go To Disney

1. It’s a Small World contains a magical amulet with the code to the coronavirus vaccine, coiled inside a vial behind the Italian gondolier, and only you can retrieve it.
2. Mickey ears ice cream bars apparently have an immune system booster that can ward off COVID-19 while also cooling us whimsically on a hot day.
3. The Epcot ball, a.k.a. Spaceship Earth, is actually a time travel portal that can take us back to the start of this year, at which point we can make entirely different decisions.
4. The Seven Dwarfs Mine Train leads deep into an underground bunker where each dwarf pulls off his mask. They are all Doc, and they are highly trained medical professionals.
5. All teachers get in free, because it’s the least we can do as we prepare to ritually sacrifice them.
6. The quest for hidden Mickeys eventually leads to a cavern, in which stimulus checks glimmer among untold gold doubloons.
7. The Animal Kingdom Tree of Life is actually a tree of life!!!
8. Ursula the Sea Witch offers a way out of this mess if we trade our mellifluous singing voices, but she can only be reached from noon to 1 p.m. at the taqueria near the Voyage of the Little Mermaid live stage show.
9. Fairy Godmother is running a similar scam involving lab mice at Cinderella’s Castle.
10. Annual passholder perks include full medical.

·
Registered
2012 Suzuki Burgman 400 2018 Kawasaki X300
70 Posts
How can anyone say that eating at Disney is dining?!
I can't think of any place on earth that is more torturous than a day at Disney....except being stuck on a 100 mile long traffic jam on a Chinese "freeway".

·
Premium Member
1,178 Posts
I can't think of any place on earth that is more torturous than a day at Disney....except being stuck on a 100 mile long traffic jam on a Chinese "freeway".
That’s totally subjective. I happen to enjoy Disney, particularly EPCOT and I’m 60 years old. So to each his own. I disagree with you so don’t add me to your philosophy.

Glenn

·
Registered
2012 Suzuki Burgman 400 2018 Kawasaki X300
70 Posts
Gleen,
Yes, it is subjective and that is why Baskin and Robbins has so many flavors to choose from because we all don't have the same tastes, in food, leisure time activities or vacation destinations.
BTW, what makes you think I added you to my "philosophy"?
I, like you, just added my opinion.
Paul

·
Registered
313 Posts
Actually made me laugh! Funny! I am with you for the most part. No way is it 5 star dining, But, I love that German restaurant in Epcot. Something about it or maybe it is just the nostalgia. We do go for the Food and Wine Festival most years and have had some really great things to eat during that event. I guess the advantage we Floridians have is that we can go at non-peak times and it is just a day trip. We have annual passes for Busch Gardens too (now that is crappy dining...other than The Plantation).

If you have kids under 14, Disney is work. My kids are grown, we stay at the Marriott, drink, eat, ride the rides, watch the fireworks, head home after breakfast the next day.

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
No fireworks, no parades, no sit down dining, so that means most meals are under hot lamps to go if they are even meals. No greeting, apparently mickey and minny are separated. Most indoor events are closed. True no lines but also no pizazz. Take a picture, mask must stay on. Not sure how anyone eats as mask must stay on. Since most Disneys are closed across the world, perhaps an act of desperation to at least open one somewhere. Since most of the entertainment is closed, you might think they would lower the price not raise it. You might think they would allow CDC approved masks, not make their own mandatory. Keep your distance or else. Tell the kids they can't hug one of the staff. Disney stock is going down and if they do have to close this site; I am expecting it, they will not be in good standing. If I want to visit a ghost town, I can do so in Arizona.

·
Registered
313 Posts
No fireworks, no parades, no sit down dining, so that means most meals are under hot lamps to go if they are even meals. No greeting, apparently mickey and minny are separated. Most indoor events are closed. True no lines but also no pizazz. Take a picture, mask must stay on. Not sure how anyone eats as mask must stay on. Since most Disneys are closed across the world, perhaps an act of desperation to at least open one somewhere. Since most of the entertainment is closed, you might think they would lower the price not raise it. You might think they would allow CDC approved masks, not make their own mandatory. Keep your distance or else. Tell the kids they can't hug one of the staff. Disney stock is going down and if they do have to close this site; I am expecting it, they will not be in good standing. If I want to visit a ghost town, I can do so in Arizona.
Athena, if those are the things that are keeping you away you might want to book a flight and turn that frown upside down with a brand-new pair of mickey mouse ears.

You can eat in restaurants after you have made a reservation and remove the mask that you purchased someplace else and talk about the increasing value of Disney stock ( I bought with a cost basis of about 91...115 today). Disney in Orlando is the reason Florida has no income tax, receives 21 million visitors a year, and is worth about 260B. It is not shutting down. What you are witnessing is not desperation but rather capitalism. Disney has sold out to its modified capacity limit. Why would you charge less when many are willing to pay more? The CDC does not approve masks, they evaluate their effectiveness against disease transmission. Masks with valves are a no go for the CDC and Disney agrees. Disney parks are open globally with limited capacity.

·
Registered
2016 Honda CTX700 DCT
383 Posts
At this point, Disney's parks exist mainly to advertise their media properties. Disney+ is going to make the organization so much money that it wouldn't make much difference if every Disney park closed tomorrow.

But this too shall pass. Disney may have to retool, but they won't die.

·
Registered
491 Posts
“Guests are not permitted to have firearms, ammunition, knives or weapons of any kind at or in Disney Resort Hotels and Disney Vacation Club Resorts” even if you have a concealed carry permit! From what I understand the park is outside Orlando city jurisdiction and is only protected by armed off or extra duty county sheriffs and highway patrol and also unarmed Disney security. With the gun free schools and movie theaters closed its slim pickens for mass murderers to find a safe place to shoot up law abiding unarmed citizens. I’m not sure what would happen if someone goes postal at a Disney park. Hopefully the Parkland school shooting is not a good example.
Two More Deputies Fired For Not Confronting Parkland, Fla., School Shooter

·
Premium Member
1,506 Posts
I love Disney. It's a ton of fun. I am not sure it is the right time for me visit but I would not discourage others if it is right for them. Dining is available but by reservation only. No parades or character meet and greets. Some of the theatre shows were cancelled. The limited attendance is by design as part of the plan to allow for social distancing. I disagree that they are gouging but I understand your position. It's their park, their prices, their rules, and their choice to open and your choice to patronize them or stay home. Everybody knows the risks and their requirements. What are they thinking? They are thinking about making money in a way they and patrons believe is safe enough. So far the contact tracing is not showing any outbreaks related to the reopening (but...we can question every piece of data...seems nothing is really reliable right now IMO).

The wife and I just got tested for Covid. If we have it, once we become symptom free, and get the green light, we'll be on our way to the happiest place on earth.

Top Ten Reasons to Go To Disney

1. It’s a Small World contains a magical amulet with the code to the coronavirus vaccine, coiled inside a vial behind the Italian gondolier, and only you can retrieve it.
2. Mickey ears ice cream bars apparently have an immune system booster that can ward off COVID-19 while also cooling us whimsically on a hot day.
3. The Epcot ball, a.k.a. Spaceship Earth, is actually a time travel portal that can take us back to the start of this year, at which point we can make entirely different decisions.
4. The Seven Dwarfs Mine Train leads deep into an underground bunker where each dwarf pulls off his mask. They are all Doc, and they are highly trained medical professionals.
5. All teachers get in free, because it’s the least we can do as we prepare to ritually sacrifice them.
6. The quest for hidden Mickeys eventually leads to a cavern, in which stimulus checks glimmer among untold gold doubloons.
7. The Animal Kingdom Tree of Life is actually a tree of life!!!
8. Ursula the Sea Witch offers a way out of this mess if we trade our mellifluous singing voices, but she can only be reached from noon to 1 p.m. at the taqueria near the Voyage of the Little Mermaid live stage show.
9. Fairy Godmother is running a similar scam involving lab mice at Cinderella’s Castle.
10. Annual passholder perks include full medical.
"If we have it, once we become symptom free," Hope you do better than the guy who was on our front page today. He lost several fingers due to loss of blood pressure. People don't recognize that Covid-19 is NOT like the flu. It leaves some people with life long complications.

·
Registered
313 Posts
"If we have it, once we become symptom free," Hope you do better than the guy who was on our front page today. He lost several fingers due to loss of blood pressure. People don't recognize that Covid-19 is NOT like the flu. It leaves some people with life long complications.
Me too. No indication that I'll lose any appendages. I have flu symptoms and fatigue. That said, if you are referring to "patient zero" near LA, it's my understanding that he lost his fingers from MRSA, which is a bacterial infection unrelated to Covid. Could be wrong. I am not dismissing the seriousness of the disease. But most survive and go on to ride again, which is inarguable.

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
Actually made me laugh! Funny! I am with you for the most part. No way is it 5 star dining, But, I love that German restaurant in Epcot. Something about it or maybe it is just the nostalgia. We do go for the Food and Wine Festival most years and have had some really great things to eat during that event. I guess the advantage we Floridians have is that we can go at non-peak times and it is just a day trip. We have annual passes for Busch Gardens too (now that is crappy dining...other than The Plantation).

If you have kids under 14, Disney is work. My kids are grown, we stay at the Marriott, drink, eat, ride the rides, watch the fireworks, head home after breakfast the next day.
howdy from an ex rider
mentioning germany, and austria, when i first started visiting regularly in the 1970's 80's etc and up to my last visit about four years ago, it was considered snobish? if that's the right word, to come into a restaurant alone and not seek out a table with an empty chair and ask if you could join them. i wonder how that's working out for them after covid? by the way, that's how i ended up having lunch with a former wwII u-boat commander who was required to learn english and arabic as part of his prep for that position. very interesting.
i went to disney world or whatever it was called , in 1972 and found that it wasn't designed for singles. lonesome.

ken

1 - 19 of 19 Posts