CTX 700 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
892 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dealer called today "Performance Honda Wesley Chapel" and I am picking up the bike tomorrow. Two came in on the truck today.

·
Registered
975 Posts
That's great! First ones that I've heard of arriving at dealerships!

Please send us pics and let us know all about your first experiences with it.

·
Registered
892 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That's great! First ones that I've heard of arriving at dealerships!

Please send us pics and let us know all about your first experiences with it.
Dealer said he thinks this will be the first in the nation. Warehouse is in Jacksonville, Fl and I live in Tampa. This is a 5 tier dealership so they get bikes before some of the other dealers (according to them).

I'll try to post a pic after I pick it up. I have to install the bags this week. Should be easy since I just did the exact same hardware attachment on my NC700X. Same exact bags! They are solid too.

We are excited to try this bike out on a road trip in a couple of weeks.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Glad to hear Thumper - Have one on order and cant wait to get it - On the Bags are they big enough to put a Lap Top in for my commute to work? Or how about a 12 pack?

·
Registered
216 Posts
Wooo Whooo I got Friday off and Thumper will have the bags on and ready to go out for my first ride, we may not get back 'till Sunday ;)

Bags will hold a computer, plus extras. Lots of room, will not hold a full face helmet but the NC700 Thumper rides holds one in the "Frunk" (also holds a twelve pack, tested that this past weekend!)

You'll soon be getting pics and ride reports. Hope ya'll start getting your rides in soon...

Happy Trails

·
Registered
892 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The bike is now in my garage. It rides very smooth (like the NC700X) and the DCT is quite fun! I am not racking up mileage as the bike is TheMagsters, so I will let her report on everything else. I like it though! Picture on their Facebook page right now: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Performance-Honda/190752527649416

More to come later with a better looking owner.

·
Registered
26 Posts
They arrive in Seattle today. The team is installing all my accessories for free due to having to wait so long. I had all accessories added, some were a little pricey but with a 10% discount I'm under 2k for all. I ordered them all early so they are queued for the bike during assembly. I had a 500 dollar deposit, 1500 trade on my 77 Hondamatic CB750A and I wrote a check for $7254.47. So under $11K and it looks like the Honda marketing picture. Now to get 600 miles in, change the oil and drive to Sturgis.

·
Registered
892 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
JBrooke, did they have the tall windscreen too? Dealership here is definitely not showing it as available yet. I am installing the bags but that is all I put on the bike. $10k (exactly) out the door was the best I could manage. Orders already in for the other ones that came in on the truck.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Yes, Thumper. Tall windscreen was available a couple weeks ago. It was in the dealer computer catalog. I had to force the issue but they found it. It is called "Kit, High Windscreen" PN# 08R70-MJF-A00. With my 10% discount it was $143.96 before tax.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Thanks for that part number JK, I will call tomorrow and get it ordered. :)

First little ride just around the block, out the gate to snap a pic and back and it was amazing. The automatic shifting is weird for me, as I have never ridden without having to clutch, shift, etc. but I loved it. It does shift through the gears quickly and I was moving at 30 MPH before I even realized it. Sounds great, just like I recall the Gold Wing sounding.

Can't wait to put some miles on her. My first bike that was red I named Ruby after my Grandma Ruby, this is same exact color and arrived on a Tuesday so she has been christened Ruby Twosday. Let the good times roll...

Attachments

·
Premium Member
795 Posts
Nice picture of a happy owner on new bike. You will have to let everyone know how the wind is blocked by the fairing with the low windshield then if you get the tall one how much difference you experience.

Hope you get lots of fun miles right away.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Yes, Thumper. Tall windscreen was available a couple weeks ago. It was in the dealer computer catalog. I had to force the issue but they found it. It is called "Kit, High Windscreen" PN# 08R70-MJF-A00. With my 10% discount it was $143.96 before tax.
I am currently working with my Dealer to get the Tall Windscreen for the CTX700D model I ordered. (red with the fairing) He keeps telling me this part number is NOT the correct windscreen for the 700D - Originally he told me it was for the 700N but that does even show a windscreen

Can you validate that this is the correct windscreen Model Number? Have you received it and installed it or has anyone. Dealer is telling me its not available yet....

·
Registered
20 Posts
I remember when I bought my CTX700N all of the part numbers were wrong. I could not order the backrest, brackets, and inner supports until they appeared, with the right numbers, on the Honda accessory page.

·
Registered
26 Posts
He's installing them today and yesterday while I'm out of town. The service guys had a printout showing the bike and what accessories were available. Most I ordered early, only available for N but they told me it was same for most all except fairing parts. When I went in a couple weeks ago, the tall windscreen finally showed up on the list. I have only looked at a couple of the parts, saddlebags and color plates to get an idea of the color. I'll call them this morning to confirm.

·
Registered
216 Posts
I called my dealer with the part number for the tall windscreen and they are still telling me it is not yet available. JK - let me know when you get all set. I may just have to call your dealer!

·
Registered
26 Posts
I spoke with my dealer today, he was going to double check but assured me it was correct. He was going to go back and personally look at the part. He said they aren't putting my stuff on until Tuesday since I'm out of town and asked him not to put it on the floor. He said he will keep it in the box. If you want, call my dealer, Everett powersports in Everett WA, in parts, ask for Ben Bloom, he will be able to physically verify on my parts that are sitting in his back room. You can probably buy over the phone and have them ship it to you. I'll let you know if my sales guy calls me back tomorrow. I'm down in napa for a half marathon so time is short to call him.

·
Registered
26 Posts
The dealer sales guy said it seems right. He said the hard part is where to put the accessory socket. Space is at a premium on this bike. I told him to putti in the cubby, not too sure how much space it takes up or if it has to be kept dry. I think I am going to design some drop in water proof boxes to put in the two "speaker" holes in the fairing, I'll have to check the dimensions when I take delivery.

·
Premium Member
557 Posts
The dealer sales guy said it seems right. He said the hard part is where to put the accessory socket. Space is at a premium on this bike. I told him to putti in the cubby, not too sure how much space it takes up or if it has to be kept dry. I think I am going to design some drop in water proof boxes to put in the two "speaker" holes in the fairing, I'll have to check the dimensions when I take delivery.
Gonna design them with 3D Printing?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts