CTX 700 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
I have a RAM mount for my GPS and I love it. They make holders for virtually anything these days. Pricey, because you buy separate parts, but dependable.

·
Registered
23 Posts
RAM mounts have a good reputation and then there are Givi mounts - including waterproof cases such as S955B (an older satnav version is mounted on the CTX I bought last week) - sorry, no US link because due to geo restrictions, I can't access the Givi's US website.

As a cheaper option, try searching "mobile phone mount for motorbike" on Amazon. Reviews would give you a good sense of build quality and reliability.

Judging by my bicycle experience, I'd always use a rugged phone case in any open mount :) At some point, you put your phone on the tank or seat and it absolutely will fall off...

·
Registered
205 Posts
Another +1 on the RAM mount. Just make sure to use the elastic that comes with it. My phone decided to dismount while I was going 45mph and it got really beat up. Phone still works, it's just ugly as **** now. My fault for being lazy and not using the elastic as well as the x-gripper thing

·
Registered
257 Posts
I have a RAM mount for my GPS and I love it. They make holders for virtually anything these days. Pricey, because you buy separate parts, but dependable.
+1 on Ram mounts.
Another +1 on the RAM mount. Just make sure to use the elastic that comes with it. My phone decided to dismount while I was going 45mph and it got really beat up. Phone still works, it's just ugly as **** now. My fault for being lazy and not using the elastic as well as the x-gripper thing
+1 on Ram mounts but I have never used the elastic thing, mine is in there good, maybe it's the otterbox commuter case I have my phone in.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts