CTX 700 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have a set of factory luggage in Blue Gray Metallic with mounts and spacers that was keyed to bikes key. Talked to local locksmith and he said it’s trivial to have it rekeyed.

I also have a passenger backrest with parcel shelf/rack that could go with it or be available separately.

The bags are in really decent shape with a few light scuffs that you can see in the right light.

However, have no idea what they are worth?

Bags 250 obo (plus actual shipping)

Backrest $65 obo (plus actual shipping)

Thanks

Attachments

·
Premium Member
568 Posts
I have a set of factory luggage in Blue Gray Metallic with mounts and spacers that was keyed to bikes key. Talked to local locksmith and he said it’s trivial to have it rekeyed.

I also have a passenger backrest with parcel shelf/rack that could go with it or be available separately.

The bags are in really decent shape with a few light scuffs that you can see in the right light.

Thanks
Please allow me to ask why are you selling these items? Do you have the rubber covers that go under the grab handles? Do you want to sell the inner supports? :whistle:Your prices are very reasonable.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Please allow me to ask why are you selling these items? Do you have the rubber covers that go under the grab handles? Do you want to sell the inner supports? :whistle:Your prices are very reasonable.
I have been looking for a used CTX 700F DCT for my wife as a birthday present.
We recently sold her 1983 Suzuki GS450A (Suzukimatic) to get something that could ride more easily at highway speed and the 700 DCT seemed like it was a perfect fit.

However, due to proximity of DCT CTX's for sale semi-locally, and the underlying budget to obtain her new bike, we were limited to about 3 DCT examples within a few hour drive.

The one we ended up purchasing had a touring windscreen, backrest, and hard bags...all of which she would prefer removed for purely aesthetic purposes. (I mean chicks...right?)
The bike also needed some TLC and caught up on some deferred maintenance (2 new tires, new chain, and full set of fluids flushed/changed).

So, it seemed like selling these items to someone that would enjoy them while funding the necessary repairs to get my wife's bike back in a good state of repair was a potential win-win for all.

As for the rubber covers, I'll have to check.
I know there is a gentleman that has already messaged about purchasing the bags and depending on what all he wants I can get back with you on anything that might still be available.

Also, this forum has been an amazing source of information about these bikes and I hope, as we become able to enjoy her new bike, that I will find opportunities to contribute to the information here.

·
Registered
2015 ctx700 with fairing
28 Posts
Mistake on my posting, sorry.

·
Registered
2015 ctx700 with fairing
28 Posts
I want the bags and the backrest. If only the backrest and rack are what is still available I will take them. I can't figure out how to PM you, I am new at this stuff. Can you email me at [email protected] and we will work out the details. Thank you.
I want the bags and the backrest. If only the backrest and rack are what is still available I will take them. I can't figure out how to PM you, I am new at this stuff. Can you email me at [email protected] and we will work out the details. Thank you.
In order to message between members just click on the other members avatar and it opens an information window. You will see in the lower right hand the word message. Select that to start a private conversation.

Reactions: JMBreitenbach

·
Registered
82 Posts

Thanks
Is the backrest still available?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts