CTX 700 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hoping to see this color really soon. Maybe someone can photoshop a pearl white CTX700. Anyone thinking they may want the pearl white instead of the red?

·
Registered
975 Posts
In my opinion, the darker the color, the better a vehicle looks when perfectly clean and polished, but the lighter the color, the better they look when dirty and unpolished. I like white for this reason, and I'd probably take one if it were the first to come out, but I prefer red, because it's sort of a happy medium. It's a color that's pretty easy to bring back to a new finished look, and its a color that doesn't show every spec of dirt or dust too badly like a darker color does. I do not like orangey red tones though. I like the darker red colors. Although I'm not sure exactly what the "candy red" looks like, because the CTX700N I saw was black; I can tell by the pictures that it is definitely a couple of shades darker than the red in the other, new Honda bikes like the CB500R. If it were a choice between that shade of red and white, I would definitely want the white. But I think I'm going to like this red used for the CTXs.

·
Registered
90 Posts
The red is not "orangy" at all, though it's not a deep, dark, color of red, either. It's a metallic flake red, and really does a great job of contrasting the flat black of the rest of the motorcycle. To be honest, I was really wanting the black, but I'm now very glad I got the red, instead.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Man that looks beautiful. Yea the red really compliments the flat black. The fairing model is the one that comes in white as well. Really hoping to see it soon once they put it out.

·
Registered
975 Posts
It looks to be almost the exact shade of red that I once had in a pickup truck. Ford called it cardinal red. I call it apple red or true red. Even after that truck got to be about sixteen years old, people would just drool over it when it was shined up. And it looked decent when dirty as well.

·
Registered
975 Posts
I don't have a problem with white either. When I win the lottery, I'll get one in white, manual transmission, and get my wife the automatic in red. We'll get matching helmets and top cases.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Most of the time when I see a white car or bike I feel like the autoplant forgot to add the paint. The only white paint I like is BMW's alpine white.

·
Registered
71 Posts
I agree. The white and black both need help with some graphics or pin strip, but that adds initial cost and usually involves professional help when you get that first ding. I like the plain red as I can repaint it myself if the need should arise. Metallic gray or silver would be my preferred options.

·
Registered
898 Posts
Great photo comparison of the two colors Dakota, thanks.Yea, the Red kinda pops compared to the White.

·
Premium Member
795 Posts
Just picked up the CTX700N version in Red. The metallic in the paint really shows up in the sun. One thing my wife noticed that I did not is that most of the black on the RED model is really a dark gray and on the black model Black. when you look at them side by side is stands right out. Small Dealers my have them over large dealers because they order 1 or 2 not a large shipment (where they get better pricing) that Honda has to fill differently I imagine. call smaller dealers and see if they have one in stock.

·
Registered
60 Posts
I really wish Honda released it in black. I would even order black panels and install it myself if that is an option.

·
Premium Member
795 Posts
CTXee, what do you mean. they had the all black model in next to my red one. too much black for me so I got the red one.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Wind

I had sent you a direct email but in reality I can answer my own question. Looking at your red bike, which is I think stunningly beautiful, it is clearly not the "automatic". I am still wondering about the wind on your chest. Do you have any plans for putting the windscreen on the bike and if so any idea what type or how you would mount it?

Thanks for any input.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Anyone try color plastidipping the panels or using vinyl to cover the paint? What is better and cheaper? Or is it more trouble than its worth?

·
Premium Member
795 Posts
I had sent you a direct email but in reality I can answer my own question. Looking at your red bike, which is I think stunningly beautiful, it is clearly not the "automatic". I am still wondering about the wind on your chest. Do you have any plans for putting the windscreen on the bike and if so any idea what type or how you would mount it?

Thanks for any input.
ssscomp, see how to section for mounting ideas. I put an F15 on my CTX

1 - 20 of 20 Posts