CTX 700 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm getting the 2014 CTX700DCT! Have a Cee Bailey's windshield already and ordered the mini footpegs from Kuryakyn. Also called Garmin for replacement hook up for the Zumo 550 and the guy said to Google it and try to get it cheaper than they have it. I did and found it at Newegg.com so am getting it there. I've used Newegg for computer parts and love em. :) I just need to pay for the bike. I told the guy I was concerned about the high cost of the saddlebags and he said he would throw in 3 years of maintenance for me. Did I do good??? Or is that normal?

·
Registered
191 Posts
I don't know what you paid for the bike and accessories, but labor at these dealerships is not cheap. I would argue to say that dealers make more money from service then sales.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Agree. Service pays more than the bike sale. I was told by one dealer (longtime friend) about one model the his cost was 75 less than the Msrp, it was meant to get buyers in the door

·
Registered
178 Posts
I think the soft bags would be a consideration. Vrs the cost of the hondaline ones, more space too. I personally never get the long term service agreements, do not keep bikes that long and do most work myself. If you do not like DIY, it is a good deal.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Shop, shop, shop. I got the bags, the red panels and the brackets from Honda direct for a total of $684. You have to call them to get better prices.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I got the bags for $530 and they threw in the 3 yr service for free! They charged me $300 to install the bags,rear carrier, my windshield I got from Cee Bailey, electrical outlet, and hook up for Gerbing I gave them. All I have to do is hook up the Gamin Zumo 550 when it come in. :p
Thanks for the welcome! I'm ready for summer now. LOL

·
Premium Member
795 Posts
you did good Beemer Princess. Your starting off at a reasonable investment and saved some it looks like to me. But if you have a Gerbing I would assume that is for heated clothing so I would say your ready to ride soon and not have to wait for summer.

wishing you lots of happy riding on your new CTX bike setup.

Tomorrow it will be low 42 and high70 degrees here. I will be starting out around 10 and return about 2 or 3pm so will be wearing my leather pants and heated jacket liner and gloves hooked up to my dual first gear heat controller for the morning miles till it warms up. At about 60 degrees,I shut if off and just wearing the liners is enough warmth.

Reactions: Beemer Princess

·
Registered
975 Posts
Congratulations and Welcome!

If you don't feel like you have to have the Honda OEM bags, take a look at what some of the members have done on here with respect to top cases and/or soft bags, or used hard boxes with a home-made saddle stays. There are members on here with as much storage or more than the OEM bags and were able to do it for under $100. But then again, some folks want the OEM look, and I understand that as well. You could find out what kind of deal the dealer will give you without the saddle bags and just figure out which route you want to go from there.

·
Premium Member
1,030 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
I'm so sorry I didn't see your question. The company is honda parts-direct.com. They are in Texas. The prices they post are higher than the the ones they will quite you on the phone. I spoke to Cam, really helpful guy.

·
Premium Member
1,030 Posts
Thanks for the info, that was a heck of a deal on the bags. Mine was about 735 from Ron Ayers with the painted panels and saddlebag brackets.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts