CTX 700 Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm wanting to know what the rear (passenger) part of the CTX seat width is. Also how much wider is the bodywork in that area.

Reason for asking is I have a brand new Saddlemen tailbag they sent me to replace the one on the Rebel. The material has faded badly and they sent me a new one under their warranty, but I have held off putting the new one on. Hoping it will fit on the CTX.:confused:

·
Premium Member
1,030 Posts
What kind of bag is it? I have been looking at the Saddlemen FTB1500 to use along with the Versa Mount. I can get both for around 105.00 shipped. Here is a scale for the area in qquestion:

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
CEETEEX, it's this one the TS-1450.

Don't know if the tunnel in the bag is going to be wide enough...

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Saddlemen says 9" or smaller, not sure on that.
Yea, I'm probably screwed on the 1450, Saddlemen does make a 1650 that has a 12" wide tunnel though. Just trying to keep from having to buy another one.

·
Registered
309 Posts
CEETEEX, it's this one the TS-1450.

Don't know if the tunnel in the bag is going to be wide enough...
Does this bag fit good on the CTX? I'm looking for a tail bag also. I hear the Cortech Super 2.0 tail bag will fit as well. Anyone have this bag on the CTX?

Need a good non-magnetic tank bag too.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Does this bag fit good on the CTX? I'm looking for a tail bag also. I hear the Cortech Super 2.0 tail bag will fit as well. Anyone have this bag on the CTX?

The model 1450's tunnel is too narrow to fit the CTX. The model 1650 should fit. Motorcycle Superstore has them for $112 with free shipping.

·
Registered
309 Posts
The model 1450's tunnel is too narrow to fit the CTX. The model 1650 should fit. Motorcycle Superstore has them for $112 with free shipping.
Thanks for the info.

·
Registered
22 Posts

I have the Cortech 2.0 Super tail bag and love it. It isn't the biggest tail bag but holds enough to get the job done and looks really nice on the bike.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Hey Toyota Tundra - I have the Rapid Transit Recon Sport Mount Tank Bag from Motorcycle Superstore. Make sure you order the one with the suction cup mount. I have used it with no issues. Holds my trip info on top and dudads inside. Has a built in rain cover should it become necessary. Must remove to gas up but since I can go 200 miles on a tank, not a real issue. By that time I need a hydration break anyway. No pics of it on bike, but you'll get the idea when you google it.

I considered the tunnel bag for my Blast and Vulcan, but never did get it. Could be a short term solution until I get a trunk.

Happy Trails

·
Registered
22 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,030 Posts
lol, Thanks I appreciate it. I want to order the bags but that is a lot at one time. May I ask where you purchased the side cases?

·
Registered
309 Posts
I have the Cortech 2.0 Super tail bag and love it. It isn't the biggest tail bag but holds enough to get the job done and looks really nice on the bike.
I'm buying one of those too, just for around town. However, want a bigger tail bag for overnight road trips.

·
Registered
22 Posts
lol, Thanks I appreciate it. I want to order the bags but that is a lot at one time. May I ask where you purchased the side cases?
I bought the Cortech Bags from Amazon. They were the cheapest and no shipping.

·
Registered
309 Posts
I ordered mine from revzilla.com. I checked Amazon and it was the same price, so no savings there. Usually if it's the same price, I order from revzilla.

Thanks

·
Registered
309 Posts
Any pics of your cortech bag mounted on your bike? I'm having trouble trying to determine what to use for anchor points. I've used the grab handles for two of them, but not sure what to use for the other two - not very many places on the bike for anchoring.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Any pics of your cortech bag mounted on your bike? I'm having trouble trying to determine what to use for anchor points. I've used the grab handles for two of them, but not sure what to use for the other two - not very many places on the bike for anchoring.
I had trouble using the adjustable straps that came with bag. I tried using bungee cords but they were too long to attach to the anchor points on the side. I cut off the plastic connectors on the bag and used short attachment cords I bought from amazon.com. I will have to post a picture soon so you can get the idea. I used StrapGear Utility straps.
Amazon.com: StrapGear Utility Strap with Matching Color Hooks (Foliage Green, 12-Pack): Sports & Outdoors
For the front connection points I used the short @ 12 inch straps and for the back I hooked two of the longer ones together and wrapped them under the light assembly. Straps from strap gear are great but expensive! the set costs @ $38 but I love them.

·
Registered
309 Posts
I had trouble using the adjustable straps that came with bag. I tried using bungee cords but they were too long to attach to the anchor points on the side. I cut off the plastic connectors on the bag and used short attachment cords I bought from amazon.com. I will have to post a picture soon so you can get the idea. I used StrapGear Utility straps.
Amazon.com: StrapGear Utility Strap with Matching Color Hooks (Foliage Green, 12-Pack): Sports & Outdoors
For the front connection points I used the short @ 12 inch straps and for the back I hooked two of the longer ones together and wrapped them under the light assembly. Straps from strap gear are great but expensive! the set costs @ $38 but I love them.
I finally got it, I ran two cords under neath back of the bike and the other two, I sued the area by the passenger foot pegs.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts