CTX 700 Forum banner
41 - 44 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #41 ·
No, quite the contrary. My faired version with saddlebags and rear box is fairly comfortable for passengers up to 5'6 in height. I've done 300 - 400 mile rides with a passenger without any problems. The only issue I experienced with a taller passenger (5'8) had to do with the peg placement on long rides. With her longer legs, she tended to sit more on her tailbone. Adding additional, firmer padding helped and a custom dual seat would have cured the problem all together.

The bike I referenced in the early post that none of my passengers want to ride is a naked model with a Radiant exhaust tip installed. The tip ends just under with the rear passenger peg. Exhaust heat and fumes tend to rise up when stopped and felt heat gets fairly severe when riding at hwy. speeds. All complain about how bad their clothes smell.when ever they go on anything more than a short hop. Its also very loud since the pipe ends just under them. Reinstalling the OEM muffler would cure the problem but its owner prefers the Radiant's sound and no ones crazy enough to ride double with him anyways.
Once again thanks,do you use the Corbin seat on your faired CTX ?,it looks as though that adds a bit more height hence legroom for the passenger.
You know i'm even getting fed up up with myself banging on about passenger pegs,but when we change our present bike it will be our last & will have to see out our biking days(which i hope are many),so i really need to be sure the bike fits us.
Cheers,Graham.

·
Premium Member
11,745 Posts
Once again thanks,do you use the Corbin seat on your faired CTX ?,it looks as though that adds a bit more height hence legroom for the passenger.
You know i'm even getting fed up up with myself banging on about passenger pegs,but when we change our present bike it will be our last & will have to see out our biking days(which i hope are many),so i really need to be sure the bike fits us.
Cheers,Graham.
I'm 6'0 with a 34" inseam so Corbin is out of the question. The low profile is made for people with inseams of 31" or less and pushes you too far forward, the taller Corbin raises you up 3" over OEM and negates even the tallest CB windshield. I actually find the OEM satisfactory for most of my riding. Seth Laam would be my choice. I've used several of his seats on other friends CTX's and find them to be excellent. They maintain basically the same height as the OEM seat.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi,JH700,I was talking about the Passenger Pegs needing relocating(lower & possibly forward)not the seat,which would definately need changing(Corbin Low?),with your reply do you mean the Seat is not physically large enough for 2 people?,or the Bike is not suitable for 2 up use?,or both,
i'll just say i haven't ridden a CTX,to assess it's power/handling capability,so any input/opinions you have,would be welcome.
Cheers,Graham.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Cheers,Graham.
I have a 2017 Hondactx dct version and my wife's 190 I'm 190 and it throws us around, it's powerful and we drive long distance easily but her problem is her legs can't extend and she's putting her legs out. Now my legs extend forward so there must be a way to weld something to the current peg so that she can put her legs forward. This bike is strong and comfortable and I'm 56 so it's perfect for me.

41 - 44 of 44 Posts