CTX 700 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
795 Posts
opening bid is 50.00 will watch it and see where they go. I wonder if they need some mounting hardware that was left in place to support the rack and backrest? Anyone know?

·
Registered
301 Posts
Yes they bolt to the inner supports. Anything that bolts on the rear needs the inner supports. So if the grips are removed but the backrest and or the cargo rack are retained the supports are required.

·
Premium Member
1,030 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
I was originally buying my wife an N model and adding bags. I thought bags without handles did not look great. To add bags on the N model or those handles you have to add the inner supports shown here. items 5 and 6
Motorsports Honda Yamaha Suzuki Kawasaki Motorcycle Dealer ATV Greenville NC Used Sport Bikes Eastern North Carolina Hustler mower, Honda Power equi

Purchased individually they are expensive but a kit is offered and is reasonably offered. The non N model already has them as indicated in the above link.

INNER SUPPORT aka STAY
Required for installation of Saddlebags.
Color:
NA
Part #:
08L72-MJF-A00
MSRP*
$89.95

·
Banned
463 Posts
INNER SUPPORT aka STAY
Required for installation of Saddlebags.
Color:
NA
Part #:
08L72-MJF-A00
MSRP*
$89.95
Actually the "inner support" is different than the "saddlebag stay".

The saddlebag stay is the actual mount that holds the bags externally, along with the bracket that keeps the bags from swinging on the mount.

The support is listed at $89.95, the stay at $199.95.
If you don't have a faired version you need both.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts