CTX 700 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I finally found a dealer that will have one available at the end of may and he is telling me that I can get it but wants me to pay $8, 500 it's the ctx700nd (dct/abs) thats $500 over msrp what are everyone's thoughts? Is that the going rate for them? Or look elsewhere? :confused:

·
Registered
124 Posts
I watched a video in a class called "The Art of Negotiating". The man in the video was one who was paid to do million dollar deals for others 20+ years ago when $1M was really something. He said his secret...was to want it...but not that bad.

When you have to get the bike so bad it shows in every move you make, the salesman isn't thinking about how he'll be able to take his wife out to dinner on the commission...he's thinking of how you'll be making his house payment for a couple months.

Unless you're willing to walk out of the room, you have no leverage. None. I knew a guy who had $17,000 taken off the price of an RV because he was willing to walk out of the dealership...four times. He actually was in the car once with his family and about to pull into the street when the salesman stopped him.

There will be plenty of these available. There aren't even any reviews...just pictures and words taken from Honda's press release. Relax. There will be other places to buy one, and probably used ones before the end of the summer...with several thousand dollars off for the depreciation cost...and no dealer prep or transportation fees.

Be smart and want it...but not that much. ;)

Chris

·
Registered
46 Posts
It depends on you really. Are you okay with paying the $500 on top? Do you want it now, or can you wait until you find a better deal? I would personally keep shopping around. Let the current dealer know that you won't pay over MSRP, he might budge.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts