CTX 700 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, just joined and I'm liking the looks of this bike and gonna go test ride one here soon. What are you guys paying for one of these out the door, thinking since they are so new dealers are probably no gonna budge much if at all. Thanks in advance.

·
Premium Member
11,745 Posts
Prices have been varying from dealer to dealer, state to state. Its totally impossible to gauge what you may pay in comparison to what somebody else paid. In the early months some dealers were willing to deal since expected sales were thought to be low. Things have changed and I'm hearing dealers are beginning to ask for MSRP. Shop around and be sure to check dealer web sites for advertised specials. It might be worth it to drive a ways to save some. If you do, don't drive it home on the freeway. Trailer or truck it home. This bike really needs a break-in period if you expect to get the mileage it is capable of.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hey guys, just joined and I'm liking the looks of this bike and gonna go test ride one here soon. What are you guys paying for one of these out the door, thinking since they are so new dealers are probably no gonna budge much if at all. Thanks in advance.
Out the door, I paid a little over 8K. Excluding all the taxes, registration fee and the other non-sense paper documentation that have you pay for.

I did pay the bike off in cash the day I got it but that didn't knock the price down as much as I would like; only a few hundred.

But as the previous poster said, shop around and see who has the best deal. And I had the DCT version.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I have tried four dealers & they won't budge much even at this time of year. Can't even get much of a deal on the extended warranty or a discount on future parts & labor. I did at least get a couple of them to eliminate the freight & set up charges.

·
Registered
547 Posts
I have tried four dealers & they won't budge much even at this time of year. Can't even get much of a deal on the extended warranty or a discount on future parts & labor. I did at least get a couple of them to eliminate the freight & set up charges.
Local dealer (metro St. Louis, Mo) offered me $1,000 off list on the fairing model DCT with $89 shipping. No other options. At this point he and I are both waiting for it to show up so that I can do a test ride. Best deal out of three dealers locally. The other two are quoting me the list price but seem to yet be motivated to want to make a sale. The one quoting me the deal offered that right away saying he didn't believe in playing games. I just asked him what his price was and that was it.

So I'm ready to bite but I'm glad he doesn't have one in yet because I'm trying to sell my two scooters first. Unfortunately the ground hog saw his shadow yesterday and we've got 3-6 inches of snow predicted for tomorrow. Not very conducive for sales.

Jack

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I bought a new 2011 KLR650 in 2012, I got on Ebay and found a dealer in my state an hour away from my house selling the same 2011 bike new for a heck of a price so I printed it off on my printer and drove to the dealer that's 5 minutes from me and showed them and said I'll drive an hour to get it or I'll buy it here just match the price, they did!

·
Registered
191 Posts
I did well, others here have done even better. I paid 7500 for my manual trans and 1200 for the backrest, bags, battery tender and mounting brackets installed. Total OTD was 8700.

You may not get the same deal I did, then again you may do better. Put dealers up against one another. I even let them know if they are high compared to thier competitors though I try to do it in the nicest way I can. I had to go out of state for my purchase even though it was only 150 miles away.

·
Registered
301 Posts
I bought my wife the first DCT in SoCal from Huntington Beach Honda in July 2013. I got all the accessories except the heated grips. I paid 12k out the door with extended warranty and all DMV fees. I did all the accessory installation myself and shared step by steps in Tech Section. Bike now has 8500 miles on it.

·
Registered
975 Posts
You need members from your own market area to sound off on this one. Let us know where you are shopping, and then those who live in your area can help you get the best deal.

In my market (Nashville, Knoxville, Chattanooga triangle), there was a $1,400 OTD difference, so it absolutely helps to shop, but as it has already been pointed out, you can't compare one market against another. Bunch of cheap skates where I live, so dealers have to offer rock bottom prices in order to sell any units. This isn't the case in areas of the country where people actually earn a little income, and the large populations drive up the prices, because in some markets, the dealers can actually choose which customers they want to sell to.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I was quoted 9190.00 Otd by a dealer here in Ohio for the ctx700 dct abs fairing model. I have no idea the breakdown of the quote, what there selling the bike for before all the BS taxes and fees.

·
Banned
463 Posts
I was quoted 9190.00 Otd by a dealer here in Ohio for the ctx700 dct abs fairing model. I have no idea the breakdown of the quote, what there selling the bike for before all the BS taxes and fees.
Ask and you shall receive.
If you don't know the breakdown it's kind of hard to negotiate.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Just bought a CTX700ND for $8300 OTD in Sycamore, IL.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts