CTX 700 Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I made some “Lowers” for my faired CTX700 that make use of the T-rex crash-bars. They required fairly complex clamps I fabricated strictly for the purpose. I found a simpler method that might be of interest to others who want to make use of the crash-bars to mount accessories. So far I’ve used them to attach a larger horn and my home-made “lowers”. In the electrical section of Home-Depot or Lowes I found some plastic conduit clamps made for 3/4” conduit. They are actually 1” OD so they fit the T-rex & Russian bars nicely. All they need is a simple block threaded with 4 holes each. I attach the clamps with two 6 mm bolts and then use 2 - 16MM bolts to attach the lowers to the mounts. I had to make the blocks with a raised area to fit tightly and added a radius to match the bars. Some padded felt strips protect the finish on the bars.

I chose to make the clamping bolts separate from the bolts holding the lowers, these can be simplified with through holes that both tighten the clamps and attach the lowers using “acorn” bolts and longer bolts. (Last Photo)
The photos will make it clearer.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Nice Post. I have a set of Madstad Lowers but never cared for the method Madstad used to mount them. As its getting colder and I like using the lowers in the cold - this gives me an idea. Thank you for sharing.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts