CTX 700 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I sold my PCX150 this Sunday and am getting closer to getting my CTX. The lady that bought it gave me a good fair price and was pleasant to work with. She traveled over seven hours to come get it and was really impressed with the looks of it and how clean it was.

I am still having issues with my dealers here in getting information on ordering, lead time, and OTD pricing. I did find a CTX700 in Mankato MN that I would consider making an offer on, the problem is getting it home this time of year with snow on the roads and temps in the single digits right now.

I will wait a while and see what happens along the way. There is a demo fairing version with DCT in IA for a discounted price that I wouldnt mind looking at either.

·
Registered
433 Posts
Congrats. If you can't ride it until Spring due to the region where you live, you may want to wait awhile and see if the prices drop some for the new ones. If the rumors are true and there is a 750 coming out then the prices on these 700s will most likely fall. Just my opinion of course.

·
Registered
309 Posts
I don't think there is a 750 coming out (at least not in the US). I talked to the Honda reps this weekend at the International Motorcycle Show here in Dallas and they knew nothing of it. However, they did have the CTX1300 on display and it looks great and is scheduled to be at dealerships in March.

·
Premium Member
795 Posts
Cheap Ride, Save your money, save more to go with it. Gather all the info on bikes. internet searches of all models and see what you can get in the spring when weather will allow you to ride your new bike instead of admiring it in the garage. If a bike has set in the dealer floor all winter they will probably accept a reasonable lower offer. They can at least lower the freight and setup charges too.

If you get in a hurry, it always costs you more.

·
Premium Member
1,030 Posts
Possibly for 2015 but other that having an ABS option on the 6 speed manual I would buy a 700 when the 750 shows up and save the money. 50cc will be a minimal difference. I wish we could have had ABS on the 2014 model with non DCT

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ok, I know I was going to wait, and I still may. However, I was just quoted what I think to be a pretty good deal. 2014 white CTX700 with saddle bags, luggage rack, back rest, and tall Honda shield. With that comes an extra year of warranty, so 2 full years of coverage and free delivery to my door step.

On Hondas build a bike website the price with options and only 1 year warranty would be $9453.60, the offer given to me is for $8700.00 OTD

I may own one of these quicker then a thought but still deciding. I can get a DCT for 8500.00 OTD from them too.

Any one care to weigh in ??

·
Banned
463 Posts
Does that include the snomobile????

Actually sounds like a good deal with the options. Would the DCT not include the options?
Why the difference?

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Does that include the snomobile????

Actually sounds like a good deal with the options. Would the DCT not include the options?
Why the difference?

The DCT has no options with it, and would have to be sourced from another dealer. The white 700 is a "demo" with all the extras, however, the only one to ride it was the sales man for a couple of times to and from work and home. He had sold his bike and wanted something to ride until his new bike came in. Has 34 miles on it. Accessories totaled $1650.00 not including installation. I would swap the shield later on if the tall Honda performs poorly.

DCT was $8500.00
CTX700 no options was $7500
and the demo is $8700 with bags, rack, backrest, and shield

·
Premium Member
1,030 Posts
If you are over 5'5 the shield is a waste. I would take a brand new one and add the bags afterwards because a rear rack is not in my future. But 35 miles is basically new.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
If you are over 5'5 the shield is a waste. I would take a brand new one and add the bags afterwards because a rear rack is not in my future. But 35 miles is basically new.
5'10 here so I kind of figured it would have to go. Funny part is that we were talking about the bike and my salesman offered to put the Cee Baily with vent on it for no additional cost. Just got the email from him.

·
Banned
463 Posts
Cheap Ride,
All you need is the trike next to the CTX. You can put chains on it and you'll be good in the snow!

·
Banned
463 Posts
It can't be his. It was buried with him years ago.

Reactions: Billnoroville

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Another talk with Jeff and a hectic Friday which included nine hours of work, securing a loan while at work, insurance quotes while at work, did I mention a hectic day at work?

Friday night and Jeff is getting the best of me. I had told him he didn't need to worry about replacing the shield, that I would take care of that when money became available. He insisted that it be changed out. He order the 22 " light gray Cee Baily. Last thing we talked about was me coming down to Iowa the 23rd. Instead, I sprung out of bed at 5:30 this morning and rousted the daughter. "get dressed" were leaving at 6!" Not a complaint out of her, she is ready to go and we head out. Forgot the GPS, glad the I phone is with me.

We arrive around 9:30 or so, and there it sits. Now I know, its weird, but I have never seen a CTX700 for real before. (thanks to our dealers here in SD) Jeff comes over and says, "hi, you like the ctx? This one is sold but I have five more you can look at" My heart sank. "Sold? To who?" " A guy in SD is purchasing it next weekend, its on hold for him"

"hey! Im that guy!" We chatted more and I kept falling deeper and deeper. Went thru the bike. It seemed so much bigger then the N models I have been sitting on. I told Jeff that Im not sure it would fit in the garage being as wide as it is. No problem, just pop the bags off. Thirty seconds later the bags are off. I asked about winterization. He told me to hook up a battery tender in which I replied that I need to get one of those. Jeff being Jeff said " I will hook up the leads and run the cable out the front of the seat. NO CHARGE.

That did it. 20 minutes later and $8700.00 dollars later its mine. Delivery will be Dec 2 free of charge. 2 year warranty starting today. Bags, luggage rack, back rest, battery tender, Cee baily shield, did I mention the tee shirts? Yeah, for both myself and my daughter. All out the door for $8700.00 Here is a pic my kid took of me sitting on the bike at Storm Lake Honda this morning. Jeff, if you read this, you are awesome! Thank you so much. I couldn't be more happy.

·
Banned
463 Posts
CheapRide.
Congratulations. I know you'll like it.
Just don't ride in the snow. Noone will see you.
I'm sure the worst part will be waiting till 2 Dec.
If you are typical you share the philosophy I do.....once I decide I want it, I want it NOW!
Only 17 days left.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Thank you Vulcan. I got the bike I wanted and much much more for a price that's more than fair. Can't wait for spring!

·
Premium Member
795 Posts
Cheap Ride, you make your own luck I think. you dug up this bike by checking things out around you, you knew you were getting a fair deal on the accessories and made the deal with a dealer that worked with you (they benefited much too). So what if you might have to wait till the snow goes away but after the months go by you will have the bike you wanted when the that time comes and wont be having to look then. Be sure your daughter has her riding gear ready too.

good luck and wish you a short winter.

·
Registered
842 Posts
Very nice, indeed. Studded snows would look weird -- better wait for warmer weather up there. Enjoy it whenever you can!

Ride Often, Ride Safe,
f

1 - 20 of 30 Posts