CTX 700 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I talked to my Honda serviceman about the problems we've had with oil filters being too tight. He told me that the machine puts them on at the factory. They probably had the torque setting too tight.

·
Premium Member
795 Posts
I talked to my Honda serviceman about the problems we've had with oil filters being too tight. He told me that the machine puts them on at the factory. They probably had the torque setting too tight.
Most filters come off harder than they go on. you will discover this when you take off your own filter if you do your own oil changes. Since you are throwing it away, get it off any way that works. Clean area, smear some oil on the new filter's gasket and put it on tight or torqued as manual says.

Better tight than loose... trust me here.

·
Banned
463 Posts
I agree with Bill.
Tight filters are not unique to this bike. That's why I have about 5 or 6 oil filter wrenches.
I'm not ready to change my oil yet but I did go thru my selection and found one that fits.
Not saying I won't have to use the tried and true option......putting a big screwdriver thru the body and turning.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Maybe Godzilla has re-risen from the sea and is working at the Honda factory installing oil filters.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts