CTX 700 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello, just received my Cee Bailey windscreen, so, I have a tall honda windscreen for the CTX700D for sale. $80 with free shipping

·
Registered
309 Posts
Have you tested it out yet? How is it?

·
Banned
463 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I finally got out today with the new Cee Bailey windscreen. It is the small with vent. I love it! I had nothing to compare the OEM tall screen to because this is my first bike. I am 5'5" and my head was getting some wind. Not anymore!! And it looks sharp too!

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Bobby-
Thanks! It is the Cee Bailey windscreen. The hand guards are powermadd stars with tripod brackets. Got them on ebay. More pics in hand guard thread.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Kirsten,

How is your torso height? I'm about 5'5" as well, with a 30" inseam. I get severe buffeting at speeds over 60mph with the Honda tall windshield.
I'm thinking of the Cee Bailey, but I'm worried the small size still might cause some buffeting at the top of my helmet.

Any additional comments on the Cee Bailey at highway speeds?

Bike looks great by the way.

·
Banned
463 Posts
Longbow,
The Cee Bailey which I have is a vast improvement over the Honda Tall.
I am 5'10" with a 33 inseam.
I don't have a problem with the 22" Cee Bailey.
I can ride at 75 without any problem.
I think the extra width, along with the configuration really makes a difference.
I chose the Cee Bailey because I had them on 2 different bikes and was pleased.
Depending on the helmet you are using there may be some windnoise. I enjoy my Arai more than a Nolan 103.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Thanks Vulcan. I guess I should probably be fine with the 21" if the 22" works for you.
I've got a Shoei Neotec...big vent on top which is a bit noisy. But I can deal with some noise as I'm used to naked bikes.....just can't take the buffeting. Feels like a jackhammer.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Longbow-
I went on a highway ride today and sat up as tall as I could get and there was a huge difference. You may want to look into the medium

·
Registered
31 Posts
Do you mean the it was a huge difference in a worse way?

At your height, is your eye level above the top of the screen, and if so by how much?

I'm worried either the short will be too short, or the medium will be right at my eye level. I don't mind looking through the windshield, but I don't want to be looking right at the top of the windshield.

Thanks

Longbow-
I went on a highway ride today and sat up as tall as I could get and there was a huge difference. You may want to look into the medium

1 - 20 of 27 Posts