CTX 700 Forum banner
21 - 40 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
2014 CTX 700 DCT
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
I have them boxed up and addressed and heading to the ups store tomorrow. Someone offered yesterday to come by my house and buy them for $125 in cash but I try to be a man of my word whenever I can!

confirming address—2052 E Third St., Benicia, CA 94510. (What is your last name, Steve?)

·
Registered
2014 Honda CTX700 DCT, 2013 Honda CB1100
53 Posts
I have them boxed up and addressed and heading to the ups store tomorrow. Someone offered yesterday to come by my house and buy them for $125 in cash but I try to be a man of my word whenever I can!

confirming address—2052 E Third St., Benicia, CA 94510. (What is your last name, Steve?)
Hi Andrew,
My last name is Melville.
I appreciate the way you have handled this and can tell that you are a man of your word.
We still need to figure out how I will send you the money, paypal, zell if you have it, mail a check?? I am old school being retired I used to always use cash but things are changing.
We can talk it it is easier 707-319-2751.
Thanks,
Steve

·
Registered
2014 CTX 700 DCT
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
I took them to the UPS store today all set to ship out and found that they will be $91 and $106. (One box is a little bigger than the other). So...for $197+$50 do you still want me to ship them? I decided to wait to get the okay before I did that. The man at the UPS store thought maybe Benica is in a rural area making it more expensive. In any case, standing by for your response.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Just rode the ctx back from my girlfriends house so I am still thawing out:)

That sounds odd, Benicia is not rural, about 45 miles from SF towards Sacramento? I have a UPS store in Benicia I could get there address, maybe it is cheaper if I pickup from them?

Or I see you earlier in this post that the Postal Service had quoted you $50 each, may that it the better option.

I would still like to make this work so maybe we can talk on the phone (707-319-2751) tomorrow or sometime to work out the details.

I appreciate all the effort you have already put into this already and sorry to make more work for you.

Thanks,
Steve

·
Registered
2014 CTX 700 DCT
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
Just rode the ctx back from my girlfriends house so I am still thawing out:)

That sounds odd, Benicia is not rural, about 45 miles from SF towards Sacramento? I have a UPS store in Benicia I could get there address, maybe it is cheaper if I pickup from them?

Or I see you earlier in this post that the Postal Service had quoted you $50 each, may that it the better option.

I would still like to make this work so maybe we can talk on the phone (707-319-2751) tomorrow or sometime to work out the details.

I appreciate all the effort you have already put into this already and sorry to make more work for you.

Thanks,
Steve
I get the impression that it is going to be expensive any way it goes. Maybe a dollar or two cheaper to the UPS store. I can certainly ask if you can get the address. They are fairly voluminous so the boxes with padding are about 20"x20"x20" and weight about 20 lbs.

·
Registered
2014 CTX 700 DCT
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
I am going to post some passenger grab handles for $50 next week and if you want them, they would probably only add pennies to the shipping so that is a way to make good on your investment. The grab handles finish off the top of the side case brackets really nicely, although you may already have them.

·
Registered
53 Posts
I do have the grab handles so I am good there, thanks.

I know shipping won't be cheap, but didn't you say the originally postal service quoted a rate to CA of $50 in the beginning, maybe that is the way to go?

·
Registered
2014 CTX 700 DCT
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
Not really a quote…I just meant trying to put some measurements into our automatic postal machine in the middle of the night. Since they are already in the car, I can pop by there tomorrow afternoon and get a hard quote from USPS.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Ok, that would be great, and do the bags include the lower mounts too or just the top ones?

·
Registered
2014 CTX 700 DCT
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
Unfortunately, the bottom mounts aren’t included. I took these side cases off my bike that was totaled in August because I was afraid I would not be able to find a new one with side cases. (The insurance company deducted them from what they paid me which is why I have to charge for them). I did not think to take off the lower amounts and I really regret that.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Wow, hope you were not injured.
I know you said the bags have a few scuffs but with they still look good when cleaned up?

·
Registered
2014 CTX 700 DCT
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 · (Edited)
Yeah! They were actually untouched (unlike me). I am a believer in T-Rex crash bars and they completely protected the cases in the accident and also allowed me to stand the bike back up and ride it home (which I realized later that I should not have done but I was in a bit of shock.) I just installed a full set of luggage and engine guards on my new bike.

·
Registered
2014 CTX 700 DCT
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #36 ·
I sure did. Same color, options, model year (2014) as the one I had before. This pic doesn’t include the crash bars, heated grips, performance chain, upgraded Denali horn, atlas throttle lock, iPhone holder and fog lights I added last week! I’m trying to build a lightweight road warrior that I can use to take my teenage daughter on a cross country ride when she graduates from high school in 17 months.
Tire Wheel Land vehicle Fuel tank Vehicle

·
Registered
53 Posts
I sure did. Same color, options, model year (2014) as the one I had before. This pic doesn’t include the crash bars, heated grips, performance chain, upgraded Denali horn, atlas throttle lock, iPhone holder and fog lights I added lastt week! I’m trying to build a lightweight road warrior that I can use to take my teenage daughter on a cross country ride when she graduates from high school in 17 months. View attachment 89069
One of the features I like the most is my tomtom rider 400
Vehicle Car Hood Automotive lighting Motor vehicle
gps, if you are traveling you may like one.
Just a thought, I do have one I could trade if you have any interest??

·
Registered
2014 CTX 700 DCT
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #39 ·
That’s cool!
Sleeve Font Material property Pattern Paper

I like the mount. I I am pretty comfortable with my iPhone 12pro for navigation It’s got a big screen and I have a mount for it.

Regarding shipping, I went to the post office and came back with these estimates for each box, totaling $188.60. I am happy for whatever you would like to do.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Yes, I used my phone for a while and after a lot of research I decided to go with the dedicated gps and not risk my phone, but using the phone works too.
Looks like the USPS is the best price at $189+50.
So, let's do it, if you want me to send you a check and have it clear before shipping that is fine or I have paypal but have never tried to send someone money other than buying things on ebay, and they send a bill??
Thanks,
Steve

21 - 40 of 55 Posts