CTX 700 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Increasing fear and progressive stupidity is now moving through city governments as a move to require face masks everywhere is trying to take effect. (eventually at home and sleeping) Eventually they will find out the errors of their ways, but too late. Anyways, an MC full face modular will do just fine. Since facial recognition guidelines are completely no longer in effect, no reason why you can't wear a MASK everywhere. No longer have to tie my helmet to the bike. No longer have to lift the visor when talking. And it is perfectly legal as it constitutes a face covering, although there will be those in government who will attempt to argue otherwise but you know where they can go. I am adding a Darth Vader vocalizer and it's set.

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Are you feeling irritable, tired of COVID reports and progressive scewups by authorities and they attempt to frighten the populace into submission. Refusing to be a lemming. While they have created name to this called caution fatigue. Watch closely for cures for caution fatigue now reach the media. Rub ons, inhalations, and an assortment of other crap. Maybe that's why everyone seems to be rushing out to buy and MC. Just for the feel of Freedom. (HD add Ride Free, Ride the Free Road etc)

·
Registered
542 Posts
The best things in life are free Athena. ✌

·
Registered
126 Posts
Saw a guy at the grocery this morning with his helmet on. Sorry Athena, he beat you to the idea, but thanks for the pic. Also, I always find the grocery kind of cold for me, so this will keep me warm too.

·
Registered
200 Posts
We dont need to wear helmets here, and I've seen two riders now that have masks on while riding in town!
I just dont get it!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
We don't have to wear them here either while riding, but you were looked at suspiciously before if you entered a store with the visor down. Now you don't have to worry if you enter a store, bank, etc. Facial recognition has gone to hell anyways. And the governor has just given the mayors the right to enforce by law the mandatory wearing of masks, and a number of other removal of rights from the population. Under the emergency orders that acts that may or may not exist, they may even tell you to wear full cover ups or even force you to buy hazmat suits. That is still on the drawing board, as they are still afraid of a backlash from the population, but a progressive march to a police state/nation is underway. Sadly once given power, there is resistance to loosing that power by those who wield it. Historically once, freedoms are removed under any guise of protection, they are never returned, and the downhill loss continues until a major intervention event occurs. It has happened too many times in history to believe otherwise. It would seem that a number of historians are becoming concerned.

·
Registered
542 Posts
Maybe that is because historians know that when a form of government fails to function, it is replaced with another.

·
Super Moderator
3,072 Posts
We don't have to wear them here either while riding, but you were looked at suspiciously before if you entered a store with the visor down. Now you don't have to worry if you enter a store, bank, etc. Facial recognition has gone to hell anyways. And the governor has just given the mayors the right to enforce by law the mandatory wearing of masks, and a number of other removal of rights from the population. Under the emergency orders that acts that may or may not exist, they may even tell you to wear full cover ups or even force you to buy hazmat suits. That is still on the drawing board, as they are still afraid of a backlash from the population, but a progressive march to a police state/nation is underway. Sadly once given power, there is resistance to loosing that power by those who wield it. Historically once, freedoms are removed under any guise of protection, they are never returned, and the downhill loss continues until a major intervention event occurs. It has happened too many times in history to believe otherwise. It would seem that a number of historians are becoming concerned.
As a History Major, I'll respond by saying that the 2nd Amendment was put there for exactly for those things you just talked about, not to protect the rights of citizens to shoot rabid raccoons taking up residence in their dumpsters.

·
Super Moderator
3,072 Posts
Maybe that is because historians know that when a form of government fails to function, it is replaced with another.
Yes, and I for one don't want what we have had replaced by a latter-day mob that looks/acts a lot like the 18th Century French Reign of Terror!

·
Registered
542 Posts
Bring on the Guillotine! :eek:

Reactions: BobWitte

·
Registered
542 Posts
Reminds me of this:

Reactions: BobWitte

·
Registered
855 Posts
I used to feel wierd even going into a gas station to pay after filling up while wearing my helmet. Similarly, going into a store to pick up some small item. Now, it seems to make sense. Perhaps I should wear my " I am the Stig" t shirt....but that would require taking my jacket off.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Yikes. Lots of "anti-your-government" sentiment on this thread while a real threat, which can be addressed by wearing a face covering, is wreaking havoc with our health, financial futures, and the economy in general. It's not local, state, or federal government that are to blame. It's the pandemic. For my part, I enjoy wearing my helmet as protection against concussion and Covid-19.

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
howdy
the anti government sentiment is because there is no actual scientific consensus on the effectiveness of wearing a facemask all the time. the actual consensus is that when a caregiver is actually caring for a vulnerable person they should wear a facemask. the jury can't reach a verdict about the value of wearing the mask where the WHO says not to but the CDC says you should therefor our over reacting governors of the states should not be either reccomending or requiring or forbiding the wearing of facemasks. it should be left up to the conviction of the individual. i struggle with low oxygen saturation under normal circumstance and my oxygen goes way too low when wearing the mask for significant time periods. that is damaging my organs and brain but those factors can't be observed visually but i will be challenged and judged and attacked nnow in my state which is going to require the use of a mask anytime i'm within a business. the result is that i won't be able to shop for myself or conduct any business or go into a restaurant from now till that is lifted.
i'm scared and angry that i won't be able to decide which is most reasonable and do that.
ken

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
howdy
the anti government sentiment is because there is no actual scientific consensus on the effectiveness of wearing a facemask all the time. the actual consensus is that when a caregiver is actually caring for a vulnerable person they should wear a facemask. the jury can't reach a verdict about the value of wearing the mask where the WHO says not to but the CDC says you should therefor our over reacting governors of the states should not be either reccomending or requiring or forbiding the wearing of facemasks. it should be left up to the conviction of the individual. i struggle with low oxygen saturation under normal circumstance and my oxygen goes way too low when wearing the mask for significant time periods. that is damaging my organs and brain but those factors can't be observed visually but i will be challenged and judged and attacked nnow in my state which is going to require the use of a mask anytime i'm within a business. the result is that i won't be able to shop for myself or conduct any business or go into a restaurant from now till that is lifted.
i'm scared and angry that i won't be able to decide which is most reasonable and do that.
ken
So they hit your state also. Seems regardless of any law, I saw multiple city workers without masks, the temp was 112 today, and the old joke of 6 men to dig a hole means that they are all standing side by side watching. The President held his rally here, and the city government overrode their rules to allow his invitees to not wear a mask and to gather closer than 6 feet. On the other hand there was a group of discenters who were charged with unlawful assembly (more than whatever the number allowed is) and mask violations and failure to distance. The Gov of Arizona was "exposed" potentially to covid when he was hosting a 20 people plus party (no masks and no distancing) at I guess a favorite restaurant Steak 44. Again something is not right. If they were scared for their life, as they are promoting to the public, "mask or die", then they would not be so non-chalant with their actions. What I have observed is that as the public slowly faded back into normalcy, there was a sudden explosion of Covid cases, (media reported). Media reported cases of the national guard getting COVID a day after they quelled the riots (nothing on COVID and those who rioted) and the prodromal state for COVID is from 14 to 21 days. Getting COVID positive the next day is bogus. Promote FEAR. Again the question that no one is really asking is WHY. What is the endgame? Money always, but something much much bigger is brewing. I think we can all see that "There is something rotten in the state of Denmark." As everyone is aware doctors are covered from head to toe and are still getting COVID. I can tell you with certainty that the mask does not prevent the transfer of the virus either to or from the person. Social distancing cannot be maintained and really is over 12 feet not six, and even then it is only a small improvement. Anyone notice how hard it is to speak to someone who is six feet away and how easy anyone could be listening in on a conversation. Anyone notice that even though Corporations are publishing such empathetic COVID documents, it is still business as usual and there is no real concern for those who have been COVID destroyed. The so called cleaning of items, is starting to get sloppy, or not at all.

Along with deliberate fear creation is the new threat of shutting down the economy again as all starts again are starting to see a rise. Already one major mall has gone completely out of business and all stores were asked to leave. I used to go to this Mall as a kid. I don't think it takes any imagination to realize that a second shut down, will be the end of most mom and pop stores, and small chains. The supply chain has not yet recovered, and store shelves are still empty, and I am starting to see what used to be neatly stacked shelves, before covid, now just a sloppy mess that looked like a group of children were asked to pick up items on the floor and threw them on the shelves. I still can piece all the data together, but something is up. I do have an idea, but it may be only speculation at this point.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Increasing fear and progressive stupidity is now moving through city governments as a move to require face masks everywhere is trying to take effect. (eventually at home and sleeping) Eventually they will find out the errors of their ways, but too late. Anyways, an MC full face modular will do just fine. Since facial recognition guidelines are completely no longer in effect, no reason why you can't wear a MASK everywhere. No longer have to tie my helmet to the bike. No longer have to lift the visor when talking. And it is perfectly legal as it constitutes a face covering, although there will be those in government who will attempt to argue otherwise but you know where they can go. I am adding a Darth Vader vocalizer and it's set.

View attachment 86403
Yeap, I’m with you on this one for sure. I have walked into a few stores with my helmet on and no one has say anything to me... it’s pretty safe! You look good with it too 😉

1 - 20 of 28 Posts