CTX 700 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Need suggestions on what to do with/for a seat. I'm not super tall (5'11) but need a solution to move me back further on the seat. Getting tired of my knees hitting the fairing. I have added adjustable floorboards and a 2014 seat. I have no problem spending the money on a Corbin or similar as long as it works. All input is appreciated. THANKS Paul

·
Premium Member
856 Posts
Need suggestions on what to do with/for a seat. I'm not super tall (5'11) but need a solution to move me back further on the seat. Getting tired of my knees hitting the fairing. I have added adjustable floorboards and a 2014 seat. I have no problem spending the money on a Corbin or similar as long as it works. All input is appreciated. THANKS Paul
Paul, the Corbin Standard Dual Saddle seat will push you back 3 inches, and raise the seat height by about two inches.
I needed to be pushed back away from the tank too. ;) Problem solved.
Wheel Tire Fuel tank Vehicle Automotive lighting

·
Registered
2016 Honda CTX700 DCT
721 Posts
You can talk to most of the best seat-makers about your needs (push the seat back x inches, raise or lower x inches, etc) and they'll customize it for you. If you can get to the seat-maker with your bike, so much the better.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I will be using this gentleman's service as soon as I obtain enough folding money to make it happen. I've heard nothing but good stuff so far about his products. Downside is you supply the seat pan - ship him your seat and he ships it back.
Does anyone have first-hand experience with Laam seats and could chip in for our education?
Honda CTX700 | Laam Custom Motorcycle Seats

·
Registered
213 Posts
I’m 5’ - 10” tall with 32” inseam. My bike came with a Corbin seat & backrest. I couldn’t use the BR & had to get 2” bar extenders and still couldn’t reach the BR. I fabricated my own BR that is adjustable and I’m now comfortable. Corbin can accommodate your needs.

·
Premium Member
133 Posts
I will be using this gentleman's service as soon as I obtain enough folding money to make it happen. I've heard nothing but good stuff so far about his products. Downside is you supply the seat pan - ship him your seat and he ships it back.
Does anyone have first-hand experience with Laam seats and could chip in for our education?
Honda CTX700 | Laam Custom Motorcycle Seats
I had Seth do my seat a couple of years ago and I've been pretty happy with it. It's now much better than the stock seat. I will say that it's a bit on the firm side, but maybe that's because I didn't give Seth enough input on exactly what I wanted. I've recently been thinking about sending it back to him to redo it for a bit more comfort.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts