CTX 700 Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello. This forum is a great source of information, and I look forward to being a part of it. So, my first question..
I have a deposit on a 2018 CTX700 DCT with 969 miles. It has Honda OEM side bags and an aftermarket top case. Extended windshield and center stand added. Has had first service. At a local, reputable dealer. They will do another service before delivery. Bike is in mint condition, can't find any chips, scratches, etc. In Chromosphere Red.
Arrived at a price of $6,999. Does this sound about right, considering the extras? Photo attached. IMG_4007.jpg
Thank you for any guidance on this.

·
Registered
15 Posts
That is not a bad price for that with all the extras and super low miles. However, my experience with dealers tells me that is not the final out the door price. It will be at least $1000 more between taxes and dealer fees and at that price I believe it is high. Just picked up my new bike last week so am fresh off the market search. Example...Mine is totally stock...no extras like this one with 2800 miles, DCT, fairing model and paid $5K private seller. Just my $.02.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That is not a bad price for that with all the extras and super low miles. However, my experience with dealers tells me that is not the final out the door price. It will be at least $1000 more between taxes and dealer fees and at that price I believe it is high. Just picked up my new bike last week so am fresh off the market search. Example...Mine is totally stock...no extras like this one with 2800 miles, DCT, fairing model and paid $5K private seller. Just my $.02. View attachment 88268
Thank you. This dealer isn't crazy with the fees, so just tax, tag, and $199.00 "Administration" fee, so $7500 out the door, of which $290 is tax, so unavoidable.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Thank you. This dealer isn't crazy with the fees, so just tax, tag, and $199.00 "Administration" fee, so $7500 out the door, of which $290 is tax, so unavoidable.

Wow your taxes are low. We have no taxes on private party sales but dealer sales are 8.5% so it is significant. Again I don't think it is a horrible price but it is definitely on the higher end of the spectrum.

·
Registered
155 Posts
At that price I would ask for new tires and fresh battery due to age alone....
Don’t make the same mistake I did and forget to check the date on the tires. My 2018, which I bought new in 2019, came with tires made in 2015. Per your photo, those look like the original Metzelers, which imho make the bike handle a bit oddly as well. Even if you have to pay “dealer cost” it is still well worth it to do it now. Do a forum search for experiences and opinions of tire models. (I am happy with my Michelin Road 5’s).

·
Registered
2014 CTX700, 2014 CTX1300
22 Posts
KBB says $6,635 with standard equipment. The panniers will get you to $7K, so it is a fair deal, but not an exceptional one.

If you love the bike, pull the trigger!

If you're willing to wait and find one from a private seller, I think you're could get a much better deal.

If it were me, I'd pull the trigger just to expedite the fun!

·
Premium Member
225 Posts
Given how scarce these bike are beginning to be I say, "Snatch it up, and RIDE"!
this is a fair price. especially with the extras. Get it.
Stop thinking and just do it.
It is a fine deal and a fine Ride.
and welcome to the finest forum on the net!
Ross and Angela

·
Premium Member
714 Posts
Ditto rossmcgrath & j-bone. I like the new battery idea & you should check manufacture date on the tire sidewall. You could say "$100 administration fee & new battery"...our bikes need a fresh, strong battery. Depending on your inseam, you might be looking for a 2014 seat which is better for average to taller folks. Welcome & good luck!(y)

·
Registered
614 Posts
There are things that I apply the “I saw It, I liked it ,I bought it” attitude to and motorcycles are one of them. I paid $4000.00 for a used naked 2014 DCT with under 3000 miles. I am the third owner bought used off Craigslist on 1/23/17. I have found that this bike to me is worth way more to me than the price I paid for it and if I were to total it I would gladly pay much more to replace it. It is the perfect bike for the location that I ride and for what I paid for it , there is nothing that comes close to compare to it. The DCT is the perfect bike for me where I live and ride so the bike is priceless to me. If I took you for a ride on it along the stop and go traffic of the beaches of PinellasCounty you would ask yourself why isnt everyone riding these? The bike is so unique not many can see the advantage of it . Like anything else once you get used to the bike and master the DCT you will never go back. If I would have paid $6000.00 for the bike its still the best motorcycle I ever owned.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thank you everyone for your advice and opinions; made the deal last Friday, just in time for a completely rained out Memorial Day weekend! Agreed on $6700, with complete service and new state inspection prior to delivery. Per suggestions, tires look good with relatively recent date code. Back to work, so probably next weekend before I can actually take her out. IMG_4055.jpg

·
Registered
54 Posts
Congrats on the new bike...Curious, what state do you live in with vehicle inspections (I havent lived in one of those since 1980)?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Congrats on the new bike...Curious, what state do you live in with vehicle inspections (I havent lived in one of those since 1980)?
Hello. I live for the time being in the "Commonwealth" of Virginia. Here not only do you have vehicle inspections, you have to pay every year a personal property tax on any motor vehicle, commonly referred to as the "car tax". Doesn't matter if you paid cash and already paid the sales tax....

1 - 16 of 16 Posts