CTX 700 Forum banner
21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
shalom from Israel after my not minor stroke.

i' doing well and this is my first attemt to type with both hands, it' surprising what you need to re-learn after the stroke . i'm encouraging you to keep an keeping on but watch your balance lest the earth rise up and strike thee.

all the best to all of you
ken

·
Registered
2016 Honda CTX700 DCT
534 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
it' surprising what you need to re-learn after the stroke . i'm encouraging you to keep an keeping on but watch your balance lest the earth rise up and strike thee.
Balance is my big concern, too. I count myself lucky that I didn't lose as much as I might have; my vision is my biggest concern, but my balance and lower endurance is what keeps me off the bike for the rest of 2021.

Like you, I temporarily lost the ability to control my hands to type. Luckily, I was typing like normal again after about a month. My vision has been getting better too, though much more slowly; I still have trouble seeing in the dark, and I have trouble processing too much visual information (I can't drive at night if it's raining, for instance). But I can drive in good weather, and the processing seems to be slowly improving too, so maybe by this time next year my visual processing will be back to normal.

Take your time, try not to be discouraged and let your body heal. It'll be worth the wait.

·
Registered
2016 Honda CTX700 DCT
534 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 · (Edited)
So, here's December... and by January, I want to be ready and able to ride again (weather permitting). Serenity's been sitting in one place so long that I might need new tires by now, but everything else is ship-shape, and I have new riding gear to break in.

My plan is to restart my exercise program, concentrating on my legs (to hold the bike up at stops!) and my stamina (which is still a bit low). The good news is, my stamina has already improved, as demonstrated by my ability to walk all around at Rehoboth Beach and the shops today without getting prematurely tired. (I know, sounds kinda pathetic, but when you got tired after a 3-block walk 4 months ago, being able to walk around all day now is a big deal.)

But I still have vision processing issues to get over (or get used to), and I don't know what exercises I can do to fix that.

·
Registered
847 Posts
Good luck to you Steve. Hopefully you will be fully recovered soon.

Reactions: Steven Lyle Jordan

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
shalom from haifa israel

it's goodj to have the hope. it get's a little discouraging when progress is slow but keep up the hopes and plans. my worry too is that my legs will give out on the steep hills here. i ride the bus mostly so have not bought a scoot yet. the problem then is that i would lite to go to the synagogue on saturday and the buses don't run so i am considering buying a small step through scooter. i had i had four of them over the years, the hd200 sym i had would do the job nicely. it would go 70 and get 80 mpg. with fuel here over ten dollars, that's a good thing.
i'm still struggling with the keyboard so am going to stop but i hope you don't stop getting better.

ken

21 - 25 of 25 Posts