CTX 700 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
975 Posts
To peter chin...

I'm a little confused about what is being marketed in Canada. Has Honda announced when to expect them? Are they the same models and model names as the U.S.? I'm assuming, from what I'm reading from you guys, that the information Honda is releasing about the introduction of the CTX applies equally to the U.S. and Canada, but I've read conflicting information, so I'm not sure.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Peter, I do believe the DCT will not be available in Canada (at least not this year). From what I've been told, there is no market for auto shifting motorcycles in Canada as shown in the poor sales of the DN-01.

I too would like the DCT, and will more than likely be forced to buy one in the US and import it myself.

Robert

·
Registered
22 Posts
Sorry to hear but know that this Canadian who lives in Boca Raton , Florida is happily riding
My new CTX DCT! I will enjoy for all fellow Canadians who want this wonderful machine but are being deprived by the powers at Honda!

JDL

·
Registered
25 Posts
Ya got a spare room for me? ;)

Robert

Sorry to hear but know that this Canadian who lives in Boca Raton , Florida is happily riding
My new CTX DCT! I will enjoy for all fellow Canadians who want this wonderful machine but are being deprived by the powers at Honda!

JDL

·
Registered
2 Posts
To alls Canadians if you want the D model in country , i suggest , send a message to Honda Canada on Powersport Honda website . Just tell us you wanted and cross yours fingers .

·
Registered
2 Posts
Robert , we talks about money here , just tell Honda you gone buy a Yamaha or someting like that . If every bodies push on the same direction mayby something can happens . You take a minute to post me a message , so take the same time for what do you thing is rite for you . Like Nike said ­­ JUST DO IT .

·
Registered
8 Posts
I live in the Toronto area and I went to Buffalo to get one. It's not that difficult a process, and I got a DCT model with the fairing for about the same money ( after all the extra expenses) as what the non- DCT would have cost in Canada. The dealer there handles Canadian customers all the time and they looked after many of the details ( odometer conversion, customs notification, etc...) without my even asking.

If you're interested, call Tim at Hamburg Honda in Hamburg NY. Tell him Dom who bought the red CTX really liked the service and is recommending him.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Dom, Thanks for the information. I have already been in communication with them and had a feeling they were experienced with exporting bikes to Canada. How did the RIV inspection go and what did they look for?

Robert

·
Registered
8 Posts
Dom, Thanks for the information. I have already been in communication with them and had a feeling they were experienced with exporting bikes to Canada. How did the RIV inspection go and what did they look for?

Robert
The RIV was also painless. I went to their office in Etobicoke and it only took 10 minutes. The inspection at Canadian Tire took only a few minutes also. The bike needed nothing to conform and the inspection fee is included in the RIV fee. It really was an easy process.

·
Registered
25 Posts
That's excellent news. I'm headed down to Buffalo in a couple of weeks and will definitely drop into Hamburg Honda.

Thanks for all the info

Robert

The RIV was also painless. I went to their office in Etobicoke and it only took 10 minutes. The inspection at Canadian Tire took only a few minutes also. The bike needed nothing to conform and the inspection fee is included in the RIV fee. It really was an easy process.

·
Registered
8 Posts
That's excellent news. I'm headed down to Buffalo in a couple of weeks and will definitely drop into Hamburg Honda.

Thanks for all the info

Robert
The only issue that takes time is that US Customs requires 72 hous notice before you cross with the bike. Knowing that I didn't need to see the bike before I committed to it, I gave them a deposit over the phone and paid in full when I went to pick it up. They sent all the necessary documents to US Customs, so I only had to make 1 trip.

·
Registered
25 Posts
That's interesting. I would've figured that Canadian Customs would require that time to check all documents, and US Customs would be a quick look and way you go.

Since this isn't the case for you, how long did it take to get through Canadian Customs and what documents did they want to see? Was it at there that the RIV form and payment made?

Would it much trouble to ask for the sequence of events from purchase to plates? With my luck, I'll get to the border and get turned back for some stupid reason.

Robert

The only issue that takes time is that US Customs requires 72 hous notice before you cross with the bike. Knowing that I didn't need to see the bike before I committed to it, I gave them a deposit over the phone and paid in full when I went to pick it up. They sent all the necessary documents to US Customs, so I only had to make 1 trip.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hey there saxon, my name is Leo, I live in Toronto as well, and I'm looking at purchasing the DCT model as too.
Do you have the contact info for that dealer?
Is the process expensive and difficult?
What am I looking at here, to get myself on one?
Do they come in black?
I want the naked one, no ferring.
I think I may have seen you riding around Yonge and Eglinton on a black one, its the only one I've seen around here so far.
Any advise you can pass along would be much appreciated in assisting me follow through with getting my bike.
Did you have to ride it back, or did they ship it to you?
email me back at [email protected]
Thanks
Leo

·
Registered
1 Posts
Do you have the link to that site? i was looking for a place where i can express my interest in purchasing the DCT (dual clutch Transmission) they say there's not enough interest but i find it hard to put my input to them so they can get a count on interested candidates like myself. Honda should pose that question to the North American Market, "Who in North America would be interested in the DCT model of the new Honda CTX700?"
I feel like they never gave anyone a fair shot like this, its like they just made that assumption that no one is interested. Well i know alot of people around here that would be interested.
So Honda what's up with that? where do we "Interested people" let you know we ARE interested!

·
Banned
1,571 Posts
@leo
good luck getting an answer. It was 2 years and two days from the last post in this thread before yours bringing it back to life.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Hi Guys, WATCHOUT for importing Honda. I had myself imported 4 cars and a bike in past, when our $ had some oomph. None of them was HONDA. Even when I bought CTX I was considering to go south. Biggest issue for me was Honda Canada do not honour any warranty issue.
On other hand they treat you like dirt regardless where you buy from anyways, never addressed my sprocket issue, even though I had bought it here in Canada.

·
Registered
701 Posts
I think I may have seen you riding around Yonge and Eglinton on a black one, its the only one I've seen around here so far.
Leo
That may have been me. I live in the neighbourhood. I haven't ever seen another black CTX in Toronto but I saw a red fared model driving north on Mount Pleasant & Eglinton a few months ago.

As for the importing, you'll need to get it in writing from Honda Canada that they'll honour the warranty. It won't be an issue because you're buying a bike that they don't import so it's not like you're going behind their back to deprive them of their profit.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts