CTX 700 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2016 Honda CTX700 DCT
552 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My recent health setback has taken some of my light sensitivity, so I don't see as well in the dark.

I'm trying to find a pair of glasses (clip-ons) that improve night vision... not just reduce glare, but help clarify objects in low light conditions, much as hunting glasses are supposed to. I've tried purchasing clip-ons through Amazon, by iLumen8 and Besgoods. But so far, I've only found vaguely-yellow-tinted glasses that do nothing to improve night vision clarity, and I've returned them both.

If anyone knows of a really working brand of night-vision clip-ons or over-fitting glasses, let me know. I don't want to just keep ordering and returning endless pairs of glasses.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Yellow lenses should increase contrast, have you developed cataracts or has your prescription changed since your illness? Perhaps an eye doctor can help more than us and have better suggestions. Might want to add some auxiliary lighting too. Good luck and keep moving forward!

·
Registered
2016 Honda CTX700 DCT
552 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No cataracts (yet). My prescription slightly changed, but the biggest change after my stroke is that I don't see as well in the dark, as well as having a bit of trouble processing what I do see (which means I can't drive at night in heavy rain).

Although good yellow lenses are supposed to help, there are a lot of yellow-tinted cheap plastic lenses that do nothing to increase contrast or clarity. I'm still trying to find lenses that actually work as advertised... too many of them don't.

·
Super Moderator
3,369 Posts
Instead of cheap yellow clip-on's from China, get yourself prescription glasses properly tinted with a polarized lens from a real eye doctor. Give the doc the details on what you are looking for and whatever help there might be, that's the only way I see you'll get any of it. 😎

·
Registered
2016 Honda CTX700 DCT
552 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
My eye doctor was going to be my next stop for advice. Though I hate to have to keep track of a second pair of prescription glasses, the quality of the available clip-ons may leave me no choice.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts