CTX 700 Forum banner

1K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  Armdillo 
#1 ·
I purchased my black ctx700d today. I have been watching this forum as I was deciding what to buy as I move up from a scooter. I want to thank MisterHand for his prose on the DCT. I was on the fence but after reading it and other posts, I went with the DCT. As I rode home from the dealer, I knew I made the correct choice as I enjoyed the ride and was not panicked by the shifting while clutching, particularly downshifting. I drive manual cars for years but I loved the scooter experience of enjoying rides on residential streets with a lot of stop and go. For those that worry, I took the MSF class prior to getting a scooter and took a private lesson on a motorcycle as I was contemplating moving up. The instructor was quite helpful in sorting out the various components that I should consider and gave me assurance my riding capabilities were up to speed. I look forward to riding until the snow begins to fall.

#3 ·
welcome to the forum Maxwell, Hope you get lots of seat time on your new ride.

#4 ·
Welcome, I like the exact choices that a manual trans offers, I have an ctx with auto waiting for me to pickup.

When I got my 650 Burgman it was 50/ miles before I realized I hadn't shifted yet. Did like the dual trans on burg, hoping it is the same on the ctx

Hope to talk more later, lots to share and those with more experience on ctx will help

Glad you took MSG class! Best weekend to spent to make your riding more fun!

Mike

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.