CTX 700 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
734 Posts

·
Premium Member
620 Posts
I cant find the tank, it says look behind the foot peg ? I cant see anything ????
Unfortunately it is rather well hidden behind bodywork (right side). Use a good flashlight & a helper to hold bike upright, sitting on it works best. A center stand substitutes for the helper. You should see the level move by gently shaking the bike. Check owners manual.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Unfortunately it is rather well hidden behind bodywork (right side). Use a good flashlight & a helper to hold bike upright, sitting on it works best. A center stand substitutes for the helper. You should see the level move by gently shaking the bike. Check owners manual.
thanks Ruby, I found it.

·
Premium Member
620 Posts
Note, Changing coolant does require some mechanical ability. The radiator cap has a set screw which must be removed in order to remove the cap. Refer to shop manual. I was able to refill my radiator using a long necked funnel & not removing every piece of bodywork blocking access. The engine must be run briefly, the radiator coolant level will drop & must be topped off before reinstalling the cap. I prefer the Honda premix. Just fyi.;)

·
Registered
554 Posts
With out access to the service manual provided by a generous forum member I would have not had any idea that there was a set screw on the radiator cap. Thanks to 350Four for pointing this out. All of the info you need to service this bike is available online. The service manual in PDF form is exceptional where you can do a search for example TR sensor and find every reference to it through out the entire document in seconds. Download the owners and service manual and this will save you hundreds of dollars in doing the service yourself or understanding what the dealer is charging you for.
http://www.greenknights36.com/html/files/Pictures/Temp/ServiceManual.pdf
Owners Manuals - Honda

·
Registered
51 Posts
Checking coolant level is a bit of hassle. It's hard to see the level line and can't always get someone to hold the bike upright. I recently added coolant but alas, a little too much. The result is the the overflow tube does it job. You'll splash a bit on the muffler cover and find some coolant on the garage floor. But it will self level after a ride or two. Use Honda coolant.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts