CTX 700 Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey gang, I'm new here. New to CTX's also. Been riding since high school. Currently have a 2009 Victory Vision. Want something smaller and lighter for around town. Turning 64 in a few months. Just picked up a 2014 CTX700 yesterday with only 2400 miles on her and not a SCRATCH!! I do not have an owner's manual. Anyone here have an extra owner's manual? What maintenance should I be apprised of? Not sure what sub-model this is... it has a 6 speed manual tranny. Can someone identify it? I'm thinking I would like a center stand.

Attachments

·
Registered
8 Posts

Attachments

·
Registered
28 Posts
Uh oh, don't show this to the other thread. Service manual, page 12. "Charging System: triple phase output alternator". :|
Whoever wrote the manual is a idiot! Their stupidity makes me laugh! Any modern motorcycle doesn't have an alternator!!! Insert some other things here to make myself feel smart while belittling others!!!

·
Registered
629 Posts
Welcome DrDecay. If you don't follow some of the unusual comments here, browse around abit and it will make (more) sense.

As we just got more snow her today, I envy you the opportunity to take your bike for a ride whereas I'm stuck inside reminding myself to plug in my trickle charger for a few hours, and reading these posts instead of touring the roads.

Feel free to jump into discussions and share you 2 cents worth.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Whoever wrote the manual is a idiot! Their stupidity makes me laugh! Any modern motorcycle doesn't have an alternator!!! Insert some other things here to make myself feel smart while belittling others!!!
And this is funnier! Add ignorance, numbnuts, typographical errors, bolding and a few pics, and maybe a rambling or two, and I would swear it was plagiarized.

·
Registered
383 Posts
Hey gang, I'm new here. New to CTX's also. Been riding since high school. Currently have a 2009 Victory Vision. Want something smaller and lighter for around town. Turning 64 in a few months. Just picked up a 2014 CTX700 yesterday with only 2400 miles on her and not a SCRATCH!! I do not have an owner's manual. Anyone here have an extra owner's manual? What maintenance should I be apprised of? Not sure what sub-model this is... it has a 6 speed manual tranny. Can someone identify it? I'm thinking I would like a center stand.
If you haven’t already, pull your seat off and look at the bottom of the seat. Your document bag is located on the underside of the seat. Your owner’s manual might be there. Nothing special to do maintence wise just follow the service schedule in the owner’s manual. There are members here that have over 100,000 miles on the CTX. Based on the info in the service manual you have a CTX700. {A} would designate Canadian model with ABS only and {D} would designate DCT transmission.
https://www.manualslib.com/manual/1299001/Honda-Ctx700n-Nd.html?page=9#manual
Search the forum for “center stand” and you should get a lot of info it. The T Rex Racing.com center stand seems to be the most popular for the price.

·
Premium Member
2,899 Posts
If you haven’t already, pull your seat off and look at the bottom of the seat. Your document bag is located on the underside of the seat. Your owner’s manual might be there. Nothing special to do maintence wise just follow the service schedule in the owner’s manual. There are members here that have over 100,000 miles on the CTX. Based on the info in the service manual you have a CTX700. {A} would designate Canadian model with ABS only and {D} would designate DCT transmission.
https://www.manualslib.com/manual/1299001/Honda-Ctx700n-Nd.html?page=9#manual
Search the forum for “center stand” and you should get a lot of info it. The T Rex Racing.com center stand seems to be the most popular for the price.
And to round out what @dgall said, your CTX700 fairing model is far less common than his own CTX700ND. The suffix letters on his model stand for "Naked" and "DCT." But you won't feel lonely when you realize that my 2014 fairing model is an undesignated rarest of the rare -- a CTX700 with three wheels!
:nerd:

·
Registered
35 Posts
Congratulations on your CTX. Many of us have swapped the pegs for floorboards. Much more comfortable. Maintenance has long intervals so have fun and ride.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Congratulations on your CTX. Many of us have swapped the pegs for floorboards. Much more comfortable. Maintenance has long intervals so have fun and ride.
Very good... I'm interested in floorboards. My Vision has monster floorboards and I'm quite used to them.

·
Premium Member
2,899 Posts
Very good... I'm interested in floorboards. My Vision has monster floorboards and I'm quite used to them.
Although Kury doesn't sell them as fitting our CTX's both the mini and regular sized Kuryakyn floorboards are very popular (I have both kinds on my trike). They are very well made, but not inexpensive. However, now there are a number of "universal" floorboards available via eBay (search using the phrase "ctx700 floorboard') that are about 20% longer and appear as they might easily be paired with Kury adapters. There are several configurations that can be installed in several different positions. Check it out.
:nerd:

·
Registered
414 Posts
Welcome:D You might also check out T-Rex luggage guards for OEM hard bags, I like mine, more info can be found by searching here. (these might be the best option available to prevent damage in a drop/tip over) These are terrific motorcycles, imho;)

·
Registered
6 Posts
A Vision, you say? Honestly, still one of the best designed American motorcycles ever. I can't say enough how much I love my Vision and how badly I abuse it....it keeps going strong. Victory had a gem when they created the Vision, but it was probably the right bike at the wrong time.

Attachments

1 - 17 of 17 Posts