CTX 700 Forum banner
21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
CTX700DN 2014
30 Posts
Nela- Grew up in Bangor Michigan.
Professor - Arthritis has got the best of my left wrist. Just sold a beautiful 2013 Vstar 1300 deluxe a few months ago cus the clutch was just to painful to pull.
And I am finding out that 71 ain't old in comparison. It's like the old fram filter- pay me now or pay me later. I was cheap you know what and figured I'd pay later. I am.
To the rest who replied- Thanks. my wife never encouraged me to sell my 2 wheel. Spyder is fine BUT it aint' 2 wheels.
It's interesting you should mention the 'fram filter' as an analogy to making a mistake, in so many words... I bought a pre-owned 2014 CTX this summer and love it. The guy I bought it from was common sense, appeared to take good care of all his vehicles (scooter, boat, car, etc.) but the last oil change he put on a fram filter. I've put on about 500 miles since owning it, may put on another 500 more before the cold weather sets in, but reading your comment has convinced me that next spring I should change the oil (even though it would have a thousand miles on the fresh oil), just to replace that filter. I myself use K & N filters, how about you? Thank you. -Peter. Kalispell, MT.

·
Registered
CTX700DN 2014
30 Posts
howdy
ride on While you can .
i was stopped by a massive stRoke and Wanted to gEt somE thing to Ride buT my balencE is so bad That i fall when closing my eyEs to Wash my haiR and am pecking this out with one fingeR on my rigt hand.

RidE While you can
ken
Thank you Ken - Speaking of riding on while you can... The original owner of my CTX and had it for six years had only one arm! Take care, Peter

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
I change my oil once a year as I put on maybe 2000 miles. Use synthetic and wix filters if I can find them. Also Walmarts oil filters are supposedly made by wix.
To all, enjoy riding while you can.

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
Belated welcome to the forum. Haven't been around as much recently but as you have already seen, we are a very diverse group here, most of whom like to share their ideas and experiences. I have learned a lot and I am sure you will too, and many others will also be able to benefit from what you will contribute.

·
Registered
CTX700DN 2014
30 Posts
Thank you for the welcome. It's been a busy summer on this end too, just now starting to tie up loose ends before the colder weather sets in. You're correct I have already received some great advice, suggestions and comments from other and will be happy to reciprocate when possible.
Take care!

21 - 26 of 26 Posts